Ohio-Northeast

reception halls

Hey I'm looking for a nice hall for our reception that isn't too expensive that we can bring in our own caterer? We live in akron so somewhere close to that is preferable. Anyone have suggestions?

Re: reception halls

• It depends on what you want. I'm in the Akron area too and it was a big deal that we wanted to bring in our own food. Everything we found that qualified was pretty informal. I'm using the Tallmadge community center. It seats apprx 200 depending on the size of your dance floor. It has a huge kitchen that your caterer is able to use. It's very plain: tables and chairs are provided, but none of the frills table cloths, chair covers, centerpieces etc. but it's a good price and you can bring your own food/ caterer and alcohol there is an extra charge if you serve alcohol though, because you need to pay for security. If you are having a Saturday wedding, for a minimal charge you can get in at 2 pm on Friday to decorate. You can book the space up to 18 months in advance. There is also a hall at the Tallmadge lions park. It's less expensive but can only seat around 100. It can be booked 12 months in advance, but I think the other policies were fairly similar. In stow, there is black wolf hall. It sits about 125 without a dance floor. It has a room that has an air hockey table and a couple pool tables although people would need to bring quarters to play them. It would be a fun venue. It's priced per hour and you can only book 6 months in advance. Although they allow you to book on the first of the month six months before ie if you're getting married on June 20th, you can book on jan 1. I would also check out the metro parks. Many have buildings that can be rented for a very small fee 100200 if you are a summit county resident. And with them you have the parks right there for pictures. : they book about a year in advance and can be snatched up pretty fast. I apologize in advance for any screwy formatting, I'm on my phone.
  • Uniontown Park has a great hall and is very reasonably priced!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards