October 2013 Weddings
Options

Terms of Endearment

So FI and I work in the same building and when we see each other or are having lunch together we will sometimes use our "special" term of endearment for each other (not the typical "babe" or "hon" that we use on a regular basis at home).  And sometimes co-workers will overhear it and find it amusing.

So I figured it could be fun to hear everyone's terms of endearment on here :-)  Nothing uber-personal of course (unless you really feel like sharing!)

For us, he calls me a "Portugeek" (I'm Portuguese) and I call him an "Ecuadorkian" (and he's Ecuadorian)  :-D  Aren't we just clever ;-p
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Terms of Endearment

• Options
    FI and I call each other B!tch-face.  It doesn't have anything to do with the normal use of that word (and I hate that word), but we call each other that when we are teasing each other.  It's pretty funny to us.  Luckily, no one has heard us use it, because I am sure no one else would get it. 

• Options
    Yeah we tend to use some not so nice words just as jokes.

• Options
    We call each other babe, a lot. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I call him "the boy" and he calls me "the girl"
    And if we are being extra sweet, I say "baby bear" and he will call me "punkin" or "kid-o"
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    I just learned that he and his family call me 'Banana' when I am not around... great.

Otherwise we don't really have nicknames for each other. Sometimes i'll call him 'Red' - he has red hair.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    My FI has red hair, too!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_terms-of-endearment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:afe8283a-2119-4569-80ff-5291e6adbce5Post:48061ba3-7e2c-4b13-8ba9-1194d11b7965">Re: Terms of Endearment</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just learned that he and his family call me 'Banana' when I am not around... great. Otherwise we don't really have nicknames for each other. Sometimes i'll call him 'Red' - he has red hair.
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    When we text each other, we say FH (future husband) and FW (future wife). We started doing that years before we were actually engaged. He calls me honey everytime he answers the phone, and I say baby, honey, etc.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We don't use nicknames.

• Options
    We call each other mom and dad. Weird I know, but that's what Zoe (our dog) calls us. We speak for her... We are weirdos!!!!!!!!

I call him jerk-face sometimes as a joke. He calls me buttmunch. A lot actually lol, but I dont mind haha. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_terms-of-endearment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:afe8283a-2119-4569-80ff-5291e6adbce5Post:ec6edc56-5003-4c3a-b172-19c19127981a">Re: Terms of Endearment</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terms of Endearment : That is not weird at all. We talk to our betta fish.  Now that is odd and we say mom and dad about ourselves when we talk about him. lol
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

<div>Now that is awesome. I never thought I would call him "dad", because I thought it was funny my parents call each other "mom" and "dad". Guess we turn out like our parents more than I previously thought. Darn haha (jkjk)</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I have so many nicknames for eachother. The ones that stick the most are mef (for me) and mern (for him). Don't know why. Though, we did recently make our own muppets, so now the nicknames make a little more sense. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I thought me and my FI were so weird with our nicknames for each other. I'm always afraid I'm going to accidentally text one of my friends: hey picklebabe!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards