Wedding Party

Wedding Party Entrance

I have 8 members in my wedding party - 4 girls and 4 guys.

My fiance and I came up with the idea that instead of each pair walking into the reception together (i.e. when they're introduced), that each person gets their own introduction. They would walk in one by one, with their own song.

Is this weird?  I've never seen a wedding party enter this way, but I thought it was different and wanted to try it.  What is everyone doing for their wedding party entrance? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Party Entrance

• It seems like it would take a reeeeally long time to get 8 people in that way.  I mean you could do it really short but then the constant changing of songs would be kind of jarring to listen to.  Keep in mind that 90% of your guests don't know and (really) don't care who the WP is and are just standing there politely waiting for you and your FI to walk out.

I don't think we did a WP introduction.  If we did I have no memory of it.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    If you had a much smaller BP (Like 2 people total), this wouldn't be so bad, but I think you have too many to do it this way.

Introducing 8 individual people is overkill and your DJ will most likely tell you that giving each person their own song is going to be a logistical nightmare. My one friend had a 10-person BP, had the people walk in in pairs (So 5 "total"), and her DJ flat out told her he wouldn't do a different song for each pair, because it was too much in too little time.

Also, while they'd never say it to your face, your guests will probably get really annoyed going through that many people. They came for you and your FI. Introducing them is one thing, turning intros into a 15 minute production is quite another.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I'm with the others, sorry.  8 different intros with 8 different songs would just bore the living bejesus out of me.   While your WP is really important to you (and they should be) they're just all that important to me.

I can figure out that they're your friends, but I don't need a speech and production about each one.  Please don't do this to your guests.

And the different song thing:  even if you do them in pairs:  you're talking about quite literally 20 seconds of each song.  I imagine most dj's are going to do their best to talk you out of that idea.

As for the second part of your question:  At DD's wedding, the WP were introduced in pairs, and they had each, very spur of the moment, come up with a little "shtick" that they did.  One couple was a basketball player and a coach, so the BM literally "shot" her bouquet like it was a b-ball.  Another couple played a little air guitar.  But it was all spur of the moment and not choreographed, so it was THEIR choice do.  That makes a big difference to me.

At son and DIL's wedding, they just walked out when their names were announced and formed a tunnel for the B&G to walk through.  Nothing else.  It was fine.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Please oh please oh please just do one song.  It puts me on edge when people switch songs so spastically, it's supremely irritating.

At my sister's wedding, we all decided in pairs what we were going to do on our entrance.  My brother and I did the Apache thing.  But we decided it in the hallway on the way in, it wasn't something that required any advance planning.  I have no idea what the song was.

We didn't bother introducing our wedding party.  Honestly, anyone who doesn't already know who the wedding party are doesn't care.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I agree with the others, 8 people with intros is too long. would bore me too
  • I don't so much have a problem with the 8 separate intros as much as with the 8 different songs.  That would piss me off.

I went to a wedding last weekend that had 8 WP members and each "couple" entered to a different song.  Even that pissed me off.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, 8 different songs would be a definite overkill. Introducing them in pairs is probably a better way to go and I definitely would not use a different song for each.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7955badc-b81f-41d1-a5b4-9a65d3944ee9Post:09a6c7f1-9dc6-4d92-823c-ffd99bb4804f">Re: Wedding Party Entrance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, 8 different songs would be a definite overkill. Introducing them in pairs is probably a better way to go and I definitely would not use a different song for each.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed!  This is what I'm doing for our 8 person WP entrance.  </div>
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    A friend of mine was a groomsman in a wedding and was asked to do this. He did it without complaining to the couple, but he confided in me and MH that he *hated* the idea and was really humiliated by it (especially since the couple asked every bridal party member to do a dance for a few seconds to their own song).

I think it will stretch out the introductions, which wedding guests usually don't care too much about anyway, into a very long, boring and unnecessary production.

I'd just introduce them to one song, either in pairs or quickly one-by-one.
  • Ditto PPs.

Changing songs is overkill.  If you must change it up, go for one song for the BP and a new tune for you and your new hubby.
  • 8 is too many. Have all the girls walk in with one and all the boys walk in with another if you absolutely MOST have multiple songs. I can almost guarantee that you'll be the only one to notice the songs. It's kind of a detail that only brides think about.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I agree, that is too much.  While you want to honor your BP, in the end, your guests are there for you and your husband.  Honor your BP in other ways at your rehearsal dinner if you are having one, by doing a BP only dance,  and/or possibly by playing their favorite songs during the reception.  
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7955badc-b81f-41d1-a5b4-9a65d3944ee9Post:1d6a9b2c-24dc-4350-8a8f-98b9fba315fe">Re: Wedding Party Entrance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, that is too much.  While you want to honor your BP, in the end, your guests are there for you and your husband.  Honor your BP in other ways at your rehearsal dinner if you are having one, <strong>by doing a BP only dance</strong>,  and/or possibly by playing their favorite songs during the reception.  
    Posted by benmel31[/QUOTE]
    No.  No one does these anymore because they are horrible.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I think mixing it up for the reception entrance is great. We had a great friend do a mini stand-up comedy routine and said a funny line or 2 about each person that walked it. People still talk about it and it was 2 years ago! You can check out my wedding at http://www.hauteapplepie.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards