Massachusetts-Boston

Flower delivery and set up costs?

I need to book the florist for my wedding soon and before I meet with anyone I wanted to get a sense for how much of my budget I need to reserve for set up and delivery fees?? I have noticed that every step of the way with wedding planning there are all these extra expenses I did not think to include when I first thought about my budget - any help with what to expect in my search for a florist would be greatly appreciated!  Also, any recommendations for a florist who serves southern NH?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower delivery and set up costs?

• edited December 2011
    Some florists charge a set dollar amount (which is what ours did -- we had 3 different locations) for set-up and delivery...then there are others that charge a percentage of overall costs (sometimes as much as 20% of the final bill). You won't know until you talk to them but be sure to ask up front. Sorry I dont have a NH rec...GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Lyndsey Loring Design.  She is out of dover and her setup/deleviery fee is very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jamps728Jamps728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Lyndsey Loring Design.  Her set-up fee for us is $150 and she's delivering everything all the way to Boston.  She's also been a pleasure to deal with and if you want an idea of what she charges, she lists her prices on line for everything. 
  • JS888JS888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I have reached out to Lyndsey to see if she is available for my wedding date!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurenk1981laurenk1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Fortin Gage our of Nashua and they have been great to work with!!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    My florist does not charge set up and only charges delivery if you are out of her delivery area! She is located in the northern Merrimack Valley, so I am sure southern NH isn't out of her range at all! Here is her information:

Flowers By Val 
    flowersbyval@hotmail.com
    978-397-0630

She is fast at replying through email and always answers any questions quickly! Its such a joy working with her and her work is beautiful and affordable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards