New York

Bridesmaid Gifts??

Does anyone have any unique different ideas for Bridesmaids gifts other than monogramed totes or all matching jewelry?

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts??

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of my bridemaids are married or in a serious relationship so I was thinking of giving them a box with different giftcards for date nights. Some restruants, ice cream joints, movies, local billards, golf course or acarade etc. It will differ with each girl to fit what they like to do. And in the end they will have a cute box.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • lcoreylcorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a really good idea degrea. My MOH is the only one in my BP and she is my sister so I'm getting her an adorable precious moments gift and possibly a monogrammed bag so she stops using mine haha.
  • edited December 2011
    The best advice I've heard is shop like it's their birthday. If you would buy them a monogramed tote for their birthday, go for it! In my opinion, if you're going to spend the money, you might as well get them something they'll really like. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • CCassSDCCassSD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have much money to spend on each of them, so was thinking of getting them each a different hand painted glass from the Lolita brand. They are really cute and can fit each of their personalities.

If I had extra money, I really like the idea of charm necklaces or bracelets because each of the charms can be unique to them.

I'm still kinda of not sure what to do with such a limited budget so let me know if you come up with anything too!
  • S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_bridesmaid-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:101bb856-54c9-4fd1-8c57-6aa292aedd79Post:1fd6dd14-86bc-41e7-b76f-47f64d70b575">Re: Bridesmaid Gifts??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of my bridemaids are married or in a serious relationship so I was thinking of giving them a box with different giftcards for date nights. Some restruants, ice cream joints, movies, local billards, golf course or acarade etc. It will differ with each girl to fit what they like to do. And in the end they will have a cute box.
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

What a cute idea!!
  • edited December 2011
    On a limited budget, getting them each their favorite bottle of wine, or alcohol (one of my bridesmaids is hooked on rum) is a good idea.  If they don't drink alcohol, maybe their favorite flavor coffee.  This is something specific and thoughtful for each of them. 
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to get my BMs something cute yet also practical.  I'm sure we've all been in weddings where we have had to spend a fortune on the dress and shoes and jewelry and everything else.  I decided to buy my girls their jewelry (unoriginal), but also their shoes.  Then I ordered on etsy these adorable jewelry pouches in a black and white damask pattern (wedding theme) with a pilk satin interior (wedding colors are black white and pink).  When I give them their gifts I will have the jewelry inside the pouches.  This way they have something for whenever they travel that will always remind them of the wedding.  Also I am debating giving them either a picture frame with a pic from us at the shower or bachelorette, or a gift card towards the salon where we are getting their hair done. 

I am supposed to be on a budget, but I clearly have shopping and gift giving issues!  But I definitely think something that cuts their costs down (shoes, jewelry, money towards hair) is more valuable to them than a tote bag or something.  Please don't take offense if anyone is using that idea, I just know that my BMs, like myself, have tons of tote and travel bags already. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • jodylynn78jodylynn78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is my only bridesmaid. I've narrowed it down to either a Flip video camera or an iPod Touch. I also got her a monogrammed tote...because you can never have too many bags!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to get my girls hammocks, a good book specific to their taste and probably a drink mix (tea, coffee, smoothie) of some sort. I found cheap hammocks on ebay and got them at a special bulk price. I'm excited about it since it goes with a nice relaxing summer theme. :)
  • horae4mehorae4me member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did jewelry that went with their dresses, a wine glass with their name & polka dots, and I'm also paying for them to get their hair done the morning of the wedding. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards