Flowers

Fake flowers or No fake flowers...?!

We decided to have a wedding in the summer and to go with a rustic theme. I am very crafty and have always admired the fabric flower bouquet but now that I am actually thinking about it I am worried that it would come off tacky..? We are trying to cut back on costs and we are most certainly having real flowers but what is your opinions on fabric flowers? 

I was thinking something similar to this http://www.etsy.com/listing/81355318/fabric-bouquet-pink-fabric-flower ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=fabric+flower+bouquet&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto4&ga_search_type=all

Re: Fake flowers or No fake flowers...?!

• B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_fake-flowers-or-no-fake-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:423e6588-31aa-4b0f-b5a7-2aa8d81e8bc1Post:5b594f04-e25c-4098-a30e-8a2781d996bd">Fake flowers or No fake flowers...?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided to have a wedding in the summer and to go with a rustic theme. I am very crafty and have always admired the fabric flower bouquet but now that I am actually thinking about it I am worried that it would come off tacky..? We are trying to cut back on costs and we are most certainly having real flowers but what is your opinions on fabric flowers?  
    Posted by akkaer[/QUOTE]

<div>I personally am not a fan of fake flowers. Also, for that much money, you could get the most amazing bouquet of real flowers. $260 is <em>a lot</em> for your bouquet. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: took out the link so that you can read the post. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Fresh flowers.  There's nothing like real.
    Fiori della Vita, a fresh flower market in Rocky River, Ohio
  • Fiftyflowers.com is the way I'm going. Great prices, and nothing beats walking into a reception smelling fresh flowers. I'm using stargazer lilies so it will be fragrant! I had a cousin who did fake flowers, they looked "ok" in the pictures, but up close, not so much. Maybe some are out there that are great, I haven't seen them tho. Knotties don't beat me! I've done a trial run, which is always a good idea since I found out stargazers take a few days to open, and roses were still pretty tight after two days. Bunch of closed flowers would not look good, Ha! But my entire flower cost will be about 300. Also using carnations, mums and some giant mum looking things that I can't remember what they are called, because the trial set lasted a few weeks before I finally got sick of lookin at em.
  • My personal opinion is that fake flowers are tacky, and a bit cheap looking.  But being an on-the-lookout-for-deals bride myself though, I definitely understand not wanting to spend a fortune if you don't have to, as it all adds up so fast!  Am I right?!  We're actually going with DIY arrangements, boutineers, and bouquets for our ceremony, and ordering flowers wholesale from www.wholesaleflowersovernight.com.  They have so many choices in blooms, and even have special wedding packages!  What's better?  They have free tutorial videos that make it so easy to have that "professional" look.  I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards