Michigan-Northern

Outdoor wedding in October

Is a outdoor cermony going to be too cold in october? The date is October 6th 2012 in Cadillac, at Caberfae. I am hoping that it will still be a beautiful day. but i am just wondering other peoples opinions. Thanks so much!

Re: Outdoor wedding in October

• jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's no way of ever knowing, esp in Northern Michigan.  You could get a freak hot day and it could be a perfect 75 degrees, or a freak snow storm.  Wait to book anything til October this year and see if you can handle the weather, would be my advice.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd suggest doing a search for average temperatures for that area and date.  I did one for my (indoor!) wedding for this October in Bay City (try www.wonderground.com/history and even down a bit further south from you, (Bay City) the weather for 10/15 has an average high temp of 58 and a 47% chance of rain, so I'm glad mine is inside!  Hope this helps and good luck!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, it's Michigan so you never know!  Usually around that time the temp is 55-65 and if your lucky it might be warmer.  Will the reception be outside as well?  If so, get a tent with sides, it'll help with  the wind and cold.  Best of luck, Cadillac is a nice area to get married in!
  • edited December 2011
    Last year that weekend was 70 and sunny, but then again, when I was in college, it snowed the first week of October.  I say plan for the best, prep for the worst, the colors will be amazing either way!
  • noel1krnoel1kr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much for your help. just the ceremony is going to be outside. everything else is inside. the venue has a 24 hour notice plan. i can let them know within 24 hours if i want the ceremony to be indoors or out. 
  • I am debating the same thing. I am getting married up north on Oct. 12, 2013... and I basically decided to get married on that day after wine tasting on the same "Fall Colors Peak" weekend while wine tasting with my friends. The Fall colors were BOOMING, and it was sunny and 75 in Traverse City.

From my experience (I've grown up my whole life in Michigan)-- It's normally between 55-65 degrees around then. Sometimes warmer... but I can't remember that last time it snowed THAT early in October. And regardless, the colors will be picture-perfect.

You can also place outdoor heaters surrounding the guests during the ceremony. Just an idea.

Good luck!
  • My date is 10/6 as well in Charlevoix! The weather the past 2 years has been low 70s and sunny that day, so heres to hoping!!

Good luck with everything. Im sure no matter what the weather does, it will be beautiful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards