Colorado-Denver

Thank you note etiquitte?

My FI and I are doing a honeymoon registry for a small wedding-- fifty people, and all that's on the registry is places we want to stay, places we want to go, eat, etc. for our honeymoon.  The wedding is August 11th and we are starting to get things purchased (which really just means the money is being deposited into an account for us).  We get an email every time someone purchases something, letting us know what was bought and who bought it.  Should we be writing thank you notes now or after the honeymoon?  We had planned to take pictures of us at each loaction someone purchased something for (snorkling, outside the rental house, etc.) and make picture-thank you cards...but is it rude to not be sending a card now?  Should we send two cards?  And email now and a card later?  Nothing now?  Nothing later?  HELP!

Re: Thank you note etiquitte?

• I am not the etiquette queen but I would think a photocard after would be really nice.  I am sure it says on the registy that you are going in Aug, so people will probably expect it after anyways.  Plus it gives you a chance to make it more personalized by telling them a fun story you did on that adventure or your favorite part. I think 2 cards would be over kill.
  • after the wedding/honeymoon :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • From what I have noticed and read it is perfectly fine to send the thank you notes after the honeymoon.  It is actually usually expected.  The only thing is that you should not wait too long after that to send them out. 

My mom was extremely disapointed when a family member sent out their thank you notes almost a year after the wedding.  She felt that is was rude and it would have been better if she hadnt sent them out at all.
    Payday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards