Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Gifts

I'm kind of confused about who I am supposed to be giving gifts to and was hoping you all can help. Also, am I supposed to give gifts to both our moms? And my fi hasn't gotten his best man anything should I just do it? Ps ideas on what to get would be amazing :-)

Re: Gifts

• Options
    I am planning on gifts for everyone in the wedding party, both sets of parents, FIs niece's mom who I am going to ask to be a speaker, and my grandmother.

I am planning on shopping for them like I would for birthdays/holidays, and most likely will give them their items before the trip so they don't have to travel with something they will most likely not be using on the trip (wine aerator, GC, etc). What does his best man like/what sort of activites is he into? I am trying to get them something they would appreciate and truly use in the future. 

I already have some ideas for the women, children, my parents, and my grandmother going. For the men and his parents, I will leave that up to FI. Knowing that it will ultimately become my responsibility haha I was thinking of making boxes with different mini bottles of liquor for the GM. I saw one on pinterest that was really nice. If he doesn't like it, or wants to get them all something different he is on his own. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Generally yes.  Both mothers and fathers would get gifts as well as all those in your bridal party.  I am not much help with ideas though because FI is doing his best man and is not really doing it yet!  I feel like that will be a fight in about a month or two to get him to pick something lol!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    We are giving gifts to our wedding party and parents. I'm also giving little ones to some friends who have helped us out with the wedding in one way or another.
  • Options
    We are doing our BM's GM's and parents. I may do something extra for other friends, still undecided.

I am giving my BM's barefoot sandals to wear for the reception & something else (still undecided). I think it is going to be some kind of jewelry or beach towel / tote.

MY FI does not know what be is getting his BM's yet...but we are thinking mini bottles of a local CR liquor. Maybe flasks to go with it.

We are also paying for our bridal party to do a guys fishing trip and girls yoga session.

As far as the parents I am super stuck. Our Dad's do not really like presents ! I am thinking something meaningful for the mothers. Maybe a mother/daughter & mother/son wedding frame or something similar. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards