Kentucky
Options

Time of Day for a Wedding

My fiance and I just got engaged, so we are just starting the wedding process.

We are planning to have a large wedding (probably 200 to 250 guests), and we still want to have a meal for our guests, without having to pay a whole lot for dinner.

Would a lunch buffet be appropriate? We were thinking about having the wedding around 2:00pm. Would we still be able to do a lunch after the ceremony? Or should we have the ceremony around 1:00pm?

Just wanted to get different opinions on this, as I am a little lost! Smile
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Time of Day for a Wedding

• Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're wanting to have a lunch meal, I'd say do the ceremony at 11:30.  If I'm invited to a wedding at 2pm, I'm certainly not expecting a meal and would be bewildered by it.  We did a 2:30 ceremony and then had a dessert reception afterwards which worked perfectly for us, but we didn't want to serve a meal because of the cost. 
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - lunch buffet ceremony needs to end before 12:30, so that guests are eating by 1 at the latest.  I'd probably start the ceremony at 11:30 if it's at a different site than the reception, or at noon if it's at the same site.   
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    rachael~ Same boat girl. :) GL! I hope things work out for you.
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where we are having our reception a plated meal is alot cheaper than a buffet just fyi and we though about just doing buffett lunch but  dinner plated was cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards