Georgia-Atlanta

Over Budget

Hello,I hope this post in the right section this time lol
I really love Mary Mac's tea room so I decided to have them cater the wedding, plus they were only about $17 per person. We have 110 people who probably will not all be there...so I did the calculations based on our phone conversations and my menu selection. Then I guess I did not think tax and service changes would be so high. The 2000 to 2200 I expected to pay is nealy 3000. Are there any cheaper caterers with soul food. Everyone keeps saying its only a couple of hundred more but we just don't have it.
Thanks

Re: Over Budget

• I am a caterer for Gabe's Downtown so I'm familur with the pricing. What are you getting for that price and I'll tell you if you can do better? For example I could do your wedding for $2418.60 including your tax and service, but not china. To add china it would be an additional $330. The little things can really add up when you multply them by 110. Feel free to give me a call if you wish or email me. michelle@gabesdowntown.com or 404-398-4935 and I'll see what I can do to help you stay in budget.  
  • peachy2012peachy2012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, 
    michellepethel sorry that's pretty much the same price 2 entrees, 3 sides, tea, bread, and servers.

RedSoloCup I tried this route b/c why not go with ur fav food spotLaughing & order off the catering menu. I came out 2 $1000 plus chafing dishes...until I realized the place I wanted my venue would not accept Yell I don't want a Five Star fancy dinner just some good cooking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards