Wedding Etiquette Forum

Causes- I'm crying for this dog

Re: Causes- I'm crying for this dog

• I'm pretty sure I better not read whatever that is.
  • Daff, I was just thinking the same thing. I suspect it is about one of the two reasons I stopped watching the news (one channel did earlier and later, and coincided with my schedule) when I lived in Miami.,

This news station, which was a Fox affiliate, was TMZ style but did actually report news. And the lead anchor is now on national tv.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Oh good, daff, I am not the only one. 

dnbeach, we will take your word for this one.  I am a huge baby when it comes to stories about dog abuse.  My neice works at a humane society and some of the stuff she sees makes my blood boil. 

Crazy stuff.
  • Also, you should look at the book Rex and the City. I've read two chapters and I'm hooked.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Jesus H. Christ. Why did I look at that.
  • You probably don't, it is so sad.  Don't read further if you don't want to (and I won't put the pic here)

Two kids in Bosnia duct taped a firework in a German Shepard's mouth and blew off half his face.  Another article I found said he wandered for 5 days unable to eat until someone found him, and he had to be put down.  

I will absolutely never understand how there are people in the world like this.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think I can read that :( 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yeah, I opened it and read the headline.  There are children involved.  Horrid.  Special place in hell set aside for them already.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_causes-im-crying-for-this-dog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60f3ac87-958f-4605-9c60-e65990d0b254Post:d72e1979-ae39-4638-9565-730da586035d">Re: Causes- I'm crying for this dog</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus H. Christ. Why did I look at that.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.<div>I didn't even read the rest of the story once I saw the picture.</div>
  • Stories like this really make me want an eye-for-an-eye justice system.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ugh, evil children, WTF.  I just do not get it. 
  • you can say that again dnbeach.  I just do not get it.
  • What would possess someone to do that? That made me sick to my stomach. 
  • I saw that before and it makes me sick. 
  • Oh God.

I shouldn't have even read the summary. I stopped on the 6th word, I think.

I can't watch that show about the animal control people who take in animals in danger. Those commercials pleading for money for animal shelters, etc., just make me angry - I don't know another way to put it (angry at how the dogs get that way in the first place).

I would be much more receptive to commercials featuring animals with their new "forever families."
  • yeah, ok, dnb - I did read what you posted, and I think I've seen that photo before (a facebook friend had commented on it and it showed up in my feed). It was a photo of a shepherd looking dog with its face blown off from fireworks. Probably the same thing, but I can't bring myself to look.

When I saw it, I bawled for about an hour, and was feeling really, honestly, murderous. I wanted to do the same thing to the person that had done that. How can somebody do something that horrifying to an innocent dog? (or cat, or guinea pig, etc.) RAGE
  • And, damnit, the show I'm watching is playing Imagine in the background. And there are no animals, but I'm mentally linking the two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_causes-im-crying-for-this-dog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60f3ac87-958f-4605-9c60-e65990d0b254Post:b843a1ba-4b64-41f2-8f20-418bde428d37">Re: Causes- I'm crying for this dog</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh God. I shouldn't have even read the summary. I stopped on the 6th word, I think. I can't watch that show about the animal control people who take in animals in danger. Those commercials pleading for money for animal shelters, etc., just make me angry - I don't know another way to put it (angry at how the dogs get that way in the first place). I would be much more receptive to commercials featuring animals with their new "forever families."
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]
    I have to admit, I have become desensitized to the Sarah Mclaughlin ASPCA  commercials. I have just seen them too many times.
  • Sad face... I now will be crying for the next hour.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • The kitten one was updated. 
    Can't say much more than that.
  • I don't think I can click the link.  I'm in a good mood and don't want to ruin it.  But people suck.
  • Holly, I like that story about your dad.
  • Fishing sounds like a pretty good deal, all things considered.
  • That is horrible!  Makes me want to hug my dog. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RachelR0282RachelR0282 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    That is horrible!  Makes me want to hug my dog.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.  My computer froze.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards