Gay Weddings
Options

any same sex destination couples out there?

we got engaged 2 years ago but 3 surgeries later we are just now having our wedding. we are in the beginning planning phase . we have been looking for atlanta destinations but we arent fund of the non surprise eliment to getting married in the place we live in lol. we have been thinking of mexico...maybe puerto vallarta. anyone have any suggestions for other friendly gay destinations? also if you are a dw same sex couple where are you getting married?

Re: any same sex destination couples out there?

• Options
    Not sure if mine counts but we are going to Vermont. Along with everyone we are inviting. So I guess it's sort of destination. Good luck and congrats!
  • Options
    congrats on your dw! of course that counts as a dw if its not your home location. i saw some really beautiful weddings here.
  • Options
    We were another destination couple--live in Maryland, got married in Massachusetts.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_any-same-sex-destination-couples-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:e0152855-0887-48ad-9e9c-4f2fc3a3cc97Post:2a07349c-280c-4c9c-b9b5-6106c863d494">Re: any same sex destination couples out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were another destination couple--live in Maryland, got married in Massachusetts.
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE<div>
    </div><div>congrats]

</div>
  • Options
    HI, my partner & I will be having our reception & honeymoon in Saugatuck, Michigan. Same sex cpls flock there  due to the fact that it is one of the largest lgbt communities in the state of Michigan. Its world wide known & is a ss cpls dream to be married there, have the recpetion there & or your honeymoon there. Here's a link for you. Congrats.

http://www.saugatuck.com/index.asp
    GnK
  • Options
    We live in Pennsylvania and will be getting married in June in Sturbridge, Mass.   So far everyone we've dealt with has been very helpful and accepting.

Congrats and Best Wishes!
  • Options
    My partner and I currently reside in Nothern VA but are planning our 2014 wedding in NYC. I was born and raised there and always imagined that would be the place I get married IF I ever did. Overseas destination weddings can be expensive especially if you're asking your attendees to fund their trip so you may want to take that into consideration unless its strictly about you and your fiancee's wants and needs.
  • Options
    We are planning a dw to St. Augustine, FL.  I'm from the ATL area (where we live now), my partner is originally from near the Orlando area.  So, we thought we would split the difference and pick a place in between.  Plus, her mother (who passed away a few years ago) loved St. A.  We purposefully spent our first aniversary there so we could get the feel for our event.  Lots of great places to rent for weddings; we are getting a house for a week on the beach, and holding a beach ceremony with a backyard reception for about 50 ppl.  It's going to let us relax a bit with friends in the house for pre-wedding fun, then have a few of them help set up and break down.  

Atlanta has lots of great venues! Good luck!

KW
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Vancouver, Canada.
    Fiancee is American and still lives there, but the state she lives in does not allow marriage outside of state nor recognize same-sex marriage.. so destination wedding in Oh Canada.
    Venues have been extremely friendly and don't even mind a bit when I said it's same-sex even after looking around and shopping for 5 diff venues.

• Options

My partner and I are currently in the beginning stages of planning our desitnation wedding in Cancun..I am from Illinois and she is from Colorado.... we don't want to be married in either place.... We are going to go get legally married prior to Cancun in one of the states that's it's legal....... Looking for a resort currently......... Good luck with your planning.... Hope we can stay connected and help each other out in the process!!

Future MrsTate!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heeeey,
    We are getting Married in South Beach FL (on a Cruise Ship) the "Real Wedding" will be in DC.. Alot(most)  of Islands don't  play that!!!!! 
  • Options
    well my love and i are still in the process of looking for a venue to get married at but were from south texas and we want it to be legal so hopefully somewhere gorgeous
  • Options
    My partner and I have been together 12 years, we are planning a ceremony in Key West Florida for May 2013. We live in Minnesota. Kinda loving the timing since our state will be voting this Nov on the marriage amendment.
  • Options
    I'm just starting to plan a destination wedding in Honduras.  I actually have a question about etiquette for a destination wedding in a country where it's not legal.

We will get legally married in Maryland before having the ceremony (and vacation with the familiy/friends that come) in Honduras.

Since we won't be getting/signing the actual marriage certificate during the ceremony, is it ingenuous to call it a wedding/marriage ceremony?

I was reading a hetero wedding forum and a bride to be was asking about a similar situation. She wanted to marry her fiance in her hometown to get the legal stuff out of the way before going to Barbados and having the wedding ceremony (apparently it was a hassle to get the marriage cert. in-country). Well, she got a lot of back lash, telling her that her guests will get angry if they find out it's not an actual marriage ceremony (since it's not legally binding).

So, I'm confused...

What's the etiquette?
  • Options
    I'm just starting to plan a destination wedding in Honduras.  I actually have a question about etiquette for a destination wedding in a country where it's not legal.

We will get legally married in Maryland before having the ceremony (and vacation with the familiy/friends that come) in Honduras.

Since we won't be getting/signing the actual marriage certificate during the ceremony, is it ingenuous to call it a wedding/marriage ceremony?

I was reading a hetero wedding forum and a bride to be was asking about a similar situation. She wanted to marry her fiance in her hometown to get the legal stuff out of the way before going to Barbados and having the wedding ceremony (apparently it was a hassle to get the marriage cert. in-country). Well, she got a lot of back lash, telling her that her guests will get angry if they find out it's not an actual marriage ceremony (since it's not legally binding).

So, I'm confused...

What's the etiquette?
  • Options

So, I'm confused...

What's the etiquette?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards