North Carolina

The Oaks at Salem

The Oaks at Salem is the most beautiful venue we have seen via computer. We are going to set up a meeting within the next week or so to visit. But from their facebook page and their actual website- I see no actual wedding there! I know it just opened in March- and there have been a few photo shoots there- but no real wedding. I was wondering if any of you have seen the venue in person/ know if anyone has actuallyl had a wedding there?
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: The Oaks at Salem

• edited December 2011
    The venue is lovely. I attended a bridal show they had. They did have a tented are which is where Im sure a wedding reception would take place. Its only like 15 minutes from RDU airport so its pretty convenient for out of town guests. Its pretty much a gorgeous house in a pretty setting.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live really close to this venue.  I will say that it is first and foremost a house, it is not a typical wedding venue. It's a house that has been restyled for small-ish wedding receptions. So, if you want something that is almost like having a wedding at home, but at a larger, fancier home, I would go for this. I think it could be great for the right wedding, you just need to realize it's a house and wasn't originally designed for weddings, I don't believe.  They have a good outdoor area that you could probably use and enjoy.
  • edited December 2011
    We would be having 150-175 guests.. so not huge by any means. I LOVE the feel of a wedding at a large home or a backyard wedding- which we could do at FIs house because he has 50 acres... I just love the pictures of the actual house, also. We will have to check it out:) thank ya'll!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hi,

The Oaks at Salem actually was built with the plan to have the space be used for weddings- a very thorough approval process from the town's people occured before the owners started building. I am having my wedding at the Oaks in September 2012, and the owner April Maness has been wonderful to work with. We are getting married under the oak tree, having coctail hour inside the house, and then having the reception on the tented patio-- with 150 guests. There is more than enough room to make this happen. My suggestion would be to go see it in person- the pictures do not do it justice. I'll come back and post some pictures after our wedding, but I'm sure others will have uploaded their own on websites by then as well!! Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards