Just Engaged and Proposals

wedding band confusion...

Hey all, I am having second thoughts about my wedding band and would love another opinion.

I like the curved band to balance out the detail at the top of my e-ring, but after having it for a few weeks I am wondering if I would a straight band would be better...or I could just be overthinking it! The jewler tried to get me to custom make the band to fit the curves, but it was over $800 just for a plain cast and I want diamonds added since I didn't get a diamond ring, and I can't afford a $1,000+ band (FI and I both JUST finished college and are working as substitute teachers so money is very tight, schools just do not hire this time of year!)

My e-ring is Blue Topaz by the way. We are not getting married till October '13 so I have plenty of time to order a new ring.

Thank you everyone!

Re: wedding band confusion...

• this picture shows my e-ring amazingly....unfortuanly it is upside also!

• Your rings look gorgeous!! I love how the curve of the wedding band doesn't distract from your ering but sill stands out on its own. Having a straght ring might not work as well but just my opinion.
  • Can you try on a straight band? I completely understand though. I got one ring, tried to convince myself I was ok with it, and then decided to buy another one since I was going to wear it every day for the rest fo my life and I wanted to be completely happy with it (speaking of, if you want a straight diamond studed band, I can sell you one size 7.5 for cheap :) ) Personally I think the curved one might work better since your ring is so unique, but yeah, go and try some straight bands on and see what you think.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • I like the curved band better, but remember you can always upgrade. Maybe later on when you and your husband can afford it, you can get a custom band made. Like a 5year anniversary or something. Congrats btw!
    Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_wedding-band-confusion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:40cfd9b6-756d-479d-83aa-f8564acb1474Post:bdbabfe0-a3bd-45bb-a562-fb5e9764f22b">Re:wedding band confusion...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the curved band better, but remember you can always upgrade. Maybe later on when you and your husband can afford it, you can get a custom band made. Like a 5year anniversary or something. Congrats btw!
    Posted by Kacin+Daniel[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oooo I like that idea! Thank you everyone for your opinions/ideas!!! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards