Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Help/Advice with Bali Accommodations...Anyone been to Bali?

My fiance and I are thinking we want to honymoon in Bali. I really would like to learn how to surf while I'm there and my FI already does.  I hear the best surf for beginners is in Kuta and Legian.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a resort, villa, bungalow etc. for our honeymoon?  I want to stay somewhere nice, private, and somewhere that truely embodies the Bali spirit. FI and I love to shop in local markets.  So that would be a big plus too!  Our budget is between 7-10K (but I would like this # to include airfare if possible) we want to stay between 10-14 days, depending on how many days our budget will allow.

I see other ppl have also stayed in Seminyakl, Ubud and Canguu for honeymoons.  Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on these?  I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to surf in these areas.  

Did anyone split their trip up, so they could stay at multiple locations if so which places did you decide to stay in?

I could really use any advice anyone has to offer.  I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the research I have been doing.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help/Advice with Bali Accommodations...Anyone been to Bali?

• Options
    Thank you so much for the advice.  I agree with you at this point I think Kuta and Ubud are a must.  Just from the pictures I've seen of private villa's in Ubud, this is more of what I had envisioned.  I'm getting a lil' nervous about Kuta b/c ur not the first person I've heard say it is dirty, but I guess ppl say the same thing about Amsterdam and I loved going there.  

Where else did you go in Bali?  Any other places you would recommend splitting up the trip? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Granted, it's been 10yrs since I was there, and I was travelling with my parents and sister, but the Hard Rock Hotel there was great for us.  It was right across from the beach, and had a restricted "tourist" area, so locals couldn't bother you with selling their trinkets.  Our room had a balcony which opened up over a lush garden, with thatched roofs in the distance.  The food was great, the entertainment good. 

The best part of Bali... getting off the resort/hotel property!  The markets were fantastic.  Some of the restaraunts were questionable, but others were fantastic!  The surfing was amazing, as was the snorkling.  I even saw a monkey with a guy surfing!!

Enjoy your honeymoon there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all the advice, again I will take any help I can get with this.  At this point I think we are going to definitely have to split the trip up and stay at a few locations.  The more I research the more I want to do everything!  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We just got back from our Bali honeymoon in July. It was amazing (except the long plane ride!)

We couldn't pick an area so started at Nusa Dua (Astor Bali Resort) then Semiyak (Disini villa) followed by Ubud (Chedi Club)

We did it in perfect order. Each resort just got nicer! Feel free to message me any questions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards