Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Confused about registries!

Ive read a few things and now im confused!

1. Do we or do we not put where we are registered in our invitations?  If we DONT then where do our guests findout where we are registered?

2. Wedding showers are for both the bride and groom? or the bride only? and people bring gifts from the registry to them?  How far in advance do the wedding showers take place?

3. What else should I know about registries and/ or al lthe other showers/ parties?? 

Please help 

Re: Confused about registries!

• Options
    You do not put anything about gifts, including registries, in invitations.  The exception to this is wedding showers, since the entire purpose of a shower is to shower the guest of honor with presents.  Guests can easily find your registries online if they desire, or they can ask your parents/wedding party.

Wedding showers are usually for the bride, though couple showers are popular in some circles.  People bring gifts to them, often from the registry.  Usually they take place within 2-3 months of the wedding.

• Options
    are there any lists of things to ask for in registries.. as a guide? 
  • Options
    There's a sticky at the top of the Registries board with an all inclusive list. We actually printed out that list, and went through and crossed everything out that we didn't want/already had. When we went to register we made sure to hit everything on the list, but we also saw other things we wanted.

I had one bridal shower, and we also had one couples shower (they were different circles, so no guest overlap besides my parents really).
  • Options
    You should know that showers are parties thrown for the bride or the couple.  You do not host them yourself.  If someone offers, great, if not, you don't have a shower.  The host might have an idea for whether it will be a couples or bride only shower.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    A question no one else has answered: wedding showers are typically around 8 weeks before the wedding, but I have been to some way earlier than that and way later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks guys!! guess i should let my moh i want a shower! ... too bad everyone lives in different cities -_-
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_confused-about-registries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:7fa6e5f9-0f4f-49c4-91b3-e6284a83a9bcPost:112a0397-5434-4722-a7e4-d9e4e55e3b90">Re: Confused about registries!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A question no one else has answered: wedding showers are typically around 8 weeks before the wedding, but I have been to some way earlier than that and way later.
    Posted by sparkles776[/QUOTE]
    Actually no, I was the first to reply and I answered that.

• Options
    Just and FYI.. if you opt to create a wedding website there is a section where you can post where you are registered.
  • Options
    how far in advance should you send out wedding shower invites???
  • Options
    everyone says 6-8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards