October 2013 Weddings

New, and I follow directions:

Obligatory questionaire post:

Screen Name: Ironmom5.  Not an Avengers reference, though comic books are awesome.  I do triathlons.  Boom.
Significant Other's Age: 25
What You Do: I work in lodging/hospitality sales
What SO Does: He works for a NFP
State of Relationship: New York.
How Long You've Been Together: 14 months
How You Met: In a liquor store on New Year's Eve.  I stopped in to get a bottle of wine, he was there with a mutual friend, I called dibs.
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  Originally, we were getting married on a cruise next June, but due to budget, timing, and FI's grandmother being like 194 years old, we pushed up to this October 19.
Real Babies: Shawn, aka Bird, born on November 17, 2012.
Fur Babies: None, but once Bird starts walking, he will probably get a puppy.
Loves: Shopping, Disney, cooking, Disney, vacations, and Disney
Hates: People who don't like Disney, people who don't have a sense of humor
Pet Peeves: Bad grammar, and worse, people who get butthurt when you correct them
Hobbies/Activities: Triathlons and distance runs, cooking
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's amazing.  I can't say it enough.  He's my best friend, the perfect partner, and we laugh all the time.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Right now, he is the only one in our house sleeping through the night.  Bastard.
Describe Your Personality:  I'm sweet and caring, but very sarcastic and snarky also.  I remember everyone's names and lots of things about them.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 10, conservatively.  But I'm REALLY nice, too.  You won't know if you want to love me or stab me.
I've Been On TK Since: 2009, under a different SN and as a wedding professional.  I've been active on TB since June, here on and off since January.
How You Came to Be On TK:  I'm very active on TB, so once we got engaged, it seemed like the next logical step.
How I like my potatoes:  Doesn't matter, as long as there are a lot of them.  I'm digging au gratin lately.
Favorite book/author:  The Great Gatsby is my favorite book of all time.  And no, I'm not seeing the movie.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: In my "free time", I run a small catering business.  I'm catering my first wedding this summer!

Can't wait to get to know all of you more!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New, and I follow directions:

• Congrats and Welcome...

Pictures of Bird please?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_new-and-i-follow-directions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:a56bfb5c-9d07-49ed-badd-22e142fa472cPost:b80e0ff3-3daf-4ada-96e9-2368be8c7dcc">New, and I follow directions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]State of Relationship : New York. 
    Posted by ironmom5[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome.</div>

• This one is my favorite:

Also, he likes to eat lightsabers:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ohmygoodness he is so adorable. I love that his hair is just everywhere. :)
  • Too funny! We call my niece 'little bird'!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I love Disney... and distance running :) Just ran in the Disney Marathon in Jan actually! (have you ever done a Disney race? They're great!)

Your little one is adorable!
  • 1.) Welcome!  
    2.) Bird's hair is incredible.  He is adorable
    3.) Catering business?  you are living a dream of mine

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Your baby needs a Duffy! FI and I have a Duffy bear and Shellie May and they will be a honorary groomsman and bridesmaid.
  • Welcome to the boards!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards