Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Time you took off from work?

I wish today was my last day, and I took off all next week. It's hard enough to keep my focus today, I can't imagine how next Mon-Wed is going to go... so my question is..

How much time did you take off before the wedding?

Were you able to concentrate on work AT ALL?

Re: Time you took off from work?

• edited December 2011
    My wedding is in 7 months & I can't concentrate now!

I took off the day before & then for two weeks afterwards. I will be out 9.24 til 10.11 :) ..I'm thinking I might want to take off two days before the wedding, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding was on Friday and I took wed/thurs off.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not married yet - but my wedding is a Saturday and I'm taking the Wed, Thurs, Fri before off and then two full weeks afterwards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto that I already can't concentrate at work.  I'm taking a full week off before the wedding.  Mostly because I don't live close enough and because we're headed home for my sister's graduation the week before, but also becasue I just want to relax before the big day.
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm flying in the Sat before, to get over jet lag, get marriage license, final fitting, all that jazz.  I have off the week following the wedding.  Our HM will be about 6 weeks later during my summer break.  
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding is on Saturday - I am taking 1/2 day Thursday, off Friday and then off the following week and Monday after. So total of 7 1/2 days. I know I am probably crazy.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is on a Saturday.  I'm on the night shift the week before, so I'm probably going to take Thrusday off for the RD, all of Friday off for mani/pedi/last minute things, and maybe Monday just to relax.  We aren't going on a HM, so I won't need the whole week off.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    NCV - Are they doing your marriage license on the spot for you while you wait?
  • edited December 2011
    Mine will be on a Friday, so I took Thurs/Fri off.  I asked for a half day Wed, but my boss is horrible and said no, so I'm going to see if someone who gets off earlier will switch with me, since I work until 630,so I won't have time to get anything done.  I took the following Monday and Tuesday off with hopes of doing the TY cards then.  Our HM is a month later so I took a week off for that but it's over memorial day so I already had that Mon off.  So I took a total of 8 days off.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Drink - your boss is mean!  I plan on taking 1/2 day Wed and off Thurs/Fri for my Saturday Wedding.  Then I'm off the whole next week and go back to work on Tuesday since Monday is Memorial day.
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on a Saturday and took the Friday before and the entire week after. 6 days total.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards