Alabama

The Ledges - Huntsville

Hi! Have any of you gotten married here? Are you planning to? If so, I would love to be in touch with you for advice!

Re: The Ledges - Huntsville

• stacey.taylorstacey.taylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there...it was very pretty and the food was really good!  Although, it was so expensive the family joined the ledges just to SAVE $2K.
  • edited December 2011
    wow, stacey! thanks so much for your response! do you have any sense of a breakdown of the costs? i'm trying to figure out exactly what makes it more expensive than, say, the westin. again, thanks for chiming in!
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding and a reunion there.  I know weddings can be incredibly pricey there, as my friend also had to join The Ledges in order to save money.  I'm not a huge fan of The Ledges for weddings unless you are having a pretty small wedding.  The space and layout there wasn't good for the wedding or the reunion I went to.  The wedding may have had 100-150 guests and things were incredibly cramped, in my opinion. However the wedding did have a sit down mean so they had a bunch of round tables out for everyone to sit at.  If you are planning to leave it more open with fewer tables and do more of an appetizer type meal, it may be better...
  • BamaGirl08BamaGirl08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been there for a wedding reception and I agree with PP, it's a tight fit. Everything was beautiful and I am sure they had gorgeous pictures, but even with patio filled with tables it was tight.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was cramped..but they didn't have a sit down dinner...there was still room to move around, but it was full!  I have no idea of the break down of costs.  The Westin is also really expensive, as is the Embassy Suites.  I would look at the Huntsville Country Club (I used it and it was great and not expensive at all)--specifically if you don't want to deal with outside catering; the HCC also provides a "club" atmosphere that the Ledges provides; also check out Early Works--the ball room or the Round House. 
  • edited December 2011
    @hopscotch and bama: looks like great minds think alike - you both found the place to be a little small. fortunately, i think we'll only have between 50-80 guests. did the ledges wedding you attended have a dance floor? and did the ceremony happen on site, or elsewhere? one thing i'm a little worried about is the distance between the ceremony venue and the ledges. @stacey: i'll definitely look into the hcc! do you have to sign up for a year membership to hold an event there?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope...no need to join.  Julia is great to work with too.  You get a lot of extras for the price you pay by doing it there that you don't get a lot of places.  It is a gorgeous location too.The wedding I went to at the ledges had a dance floor and the ceremony was done off location...travel wasn't bad...huntsville's not that big!  (I went to a wedding this weekend where the reception was in a different city.)  But, for the size you are looking at, i think it would be big enough.  I think the main thing would be if it's cost effective.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also like some information too! I just changed my wedding date so I could have the reception at the Ledges but not so sure on the average cost.....
  • Kariannm23Kariannm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning a wedding there for May 2010. I have looked at MANY places and have found the prices fair. They are a bit more than other places but you get so much more. The Ballroom is a decent size and they have an overflow room if more room is needed. I plan on having the ceremony on the lawn and the price for that was cheaper than other places I looked at. The grounds and Ballroom are beautiful and I don't plan on decorating too much because I don't want to take away from the already beautiful surroundings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I decided to have my reception there in may 2010, it is very reasonably priced especially if you get a sponsor. If you are on a budget they will try and stick to it! All the deposits you put down for the rooms goes towards your food. It is just so beautiful there, its like the reception I have always dreamed of! But I am trying to make my own centerpieces for the tables and I am not sure on what to do. Karianm23, what day is your wedding? MIne is May 7th.
  • edited December 2011
    hi gals!  i'm back!  so happy other brides are checking out this venue, too.  i visited the ledges last summer and fell in love.  so to the two ladies who are getting married in may 2010, how far along are you in your planning?  i'm getting married in 2011 so i have quite awhile, but would love to hear how everything's shaping up for you!  do you think you can pull off a ledges reception for 10K?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is May 29 :-)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My total budget for my wedding is 10K and so far I am on track with my budget. They have a variety of menu items to choose from. I am forgoing a plated dinner and doing a buffet to save money and to also save me the stress of planning seating arrangements. :-) They have a picture book of weddings done at the Ledges and from the pictures you dont need any floral decorations or anything else outside (if you have ceremony on the lawn) The landscape is beautiful enough on its own. (Save $$)
    As far as planning I have t he photographer, baker, and stationary. I am still looking for a DJ, quartet (for ceremony), dress and some other small details.
    Let me know how things go for you.
  • edited December 2011
    hey again, kariann - congrats on setting the date and getting everything else in order!  my budget is 10k, too, for probably between 60-80 guests.  i'm actually having the ceremony at a local church, though - family hook-up. =)

so did you become a member of the ledges, or did you have someone sponsor your membership?  i'm trying to decide which way to go.  and how much do you think the food's going to cost you?  that's the cost i'm most worried about - well, that and the alcohol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards