Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Seamstress Recommendation

Hi all,

I had posted to this board before about how the cost of salon alterations was really a big time eye-opener and how I did not want to pay half the cost of my dress just to have it hemmed and bustled. Tygressluv and some of the other ladies had recommended Sheryl Kelm, and I just want to tell everyone how wonderful and qualified she is! She graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor's in fashion design and worked for a bridal company before traveling with her husband's navy job. She's taking in my dress, hemming and bustling for $130! Oh, and she also custom-designs bridesmaid dresses if you're like me and finding it impossible to please your bridesmaids. This woman is wonderful. Just wanted to suggest her if anyone else needed help. Best of luck, all!

Re: Seamstress Recommendation

• Options
    I whole-heartedly endorse Sheryl. She did my wedding dress and the dresses of 2 friends. We all had positive experiences with her.
  • Options
    Good to know - thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!!!

How far in advance should you look into scheduling your first fitting with her?  I have my dress WAAAAY early but if she's popular, I will go 8 months before the wedding instead of 4 if need be.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I e-mailed her 5 months before my October wedding, and she was booking up quickly for the fall. So I'd say contacting her 5-6 months before your wedding should be good, if you are marrying during peak season (May-October). If you are off peak, you may be able to wait a bit longer..
  • Options
    Christine - your seamstress (website). she is about 1hour,15min away in PA

christineyourseamstress.com/

• Options
    Thanks Lovekiss!!!  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_seamstress-recommendation-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:5950783f-eaf9-46df-954c-430469b2d21cPost:c3ef2a11-9faf-4d43-b297-d2327f047a37">Re: Seamstress Recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!!! How far in advance should you look into scheduling your first fitting with her?  I have my dress WAAAAY early but if she's popular, I will go 8 months before the wedding instead of 4 if need be.
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are still checking this post out but I wanted to say that if you haven't contacted her yet I would. You can always call and schedule in advance. Better safe then sorry.  I also had my dress way early. Oh and listen to her! She suggested we take my dress in a little more right before my wedding and I was like no I should be okay I doubt I will lose much more before the day. Mind you this was like 2 weeks before! Yea I totally should have listened to her because I was pulling my dress up ALL.NIGHT.LONG!!!! That is the only thing I regret about dealing with her. That I didn't listen to HER! lol
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards