Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bridal Pics Makeup

I'm getting my bridal pics taken downtown over Spring Break...I plan to get my hair done (cheap) at the Aveda Institute Beauty School. (My aunt is a professional hair stylist and will be doing it for the wedding, but lives in Phoenix so she isn't an option for the bridals)

I'm trying to decide what to do about makeup. I don't wear much normally and I really want to look natural (it's a big deal to Jay too, for some reason)

I could either:

A. Just do it myself
B. Get it done at the Beauty School for $25
C. Go to a makeup counter at Northpark

Any input? Which make up counter would you recommend for natural makeup? Can I make an appointment?

I don't know what to think about the beauty school either...I'd rather spend that $$$ on a manicure for my poor bitten nails.

Re: Bridal Pics Makeup

• Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go to a make up counter, maybe Clinque
  • Options
    DuckyL42DuckyL42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that you can get your makeup done at the Sephora store in Northpark as well and they may have more options than just a makeup counter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had two trials at Sephora with 2 different people and din't really care for either; I told them I wanted natural, nothing too crazy and they went crazy "because it's your wedding!".  I had a trial done with Clinique for engagment pics and felt they listened to me more.  I set up appointments with Clinique and just walked in to Sephora.  I ended up doing my own make up for the wedding.

I guess if you don't like your hair, you could just pull it back.

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoops...I meant I'm not sure about the beauty school for makeup--I'm fine with them for hair :)

Actually, I've had really good experiences at them for hair
  • Options
    MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can go to a MAC store... they usually do a good job.  And I think you just have to buy something for $25 or so.  My make-up artist was a free-lance person who used to work at MAC, but charges $75.  I normally don't wear make up either and I wanted a natural look... After she put on my make-up, I gasped... I was like this isn't me... but then everyone consoled me and assured me that it doesn't look that way in pictures... So they took a picture of me with a regular camera and it does look a lot less in the pictures.

I have had great experiences at the beauty schools... I had my hair done many times at the Toni and Guy Academy in Carrollton...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Clinique counter.   I bought a few of the items afterward, but I was extremely  happy with the outcome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Clinique, they usually do really natural looking makeup.  I LOVE MAC, but I also love makeup, they typically do really dramatic makeup, and that doesn't sound like what you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do it yourself - maybe watch a few tutorials on You tube for a few ideas to make it special yet naturalp and play around with it before time but I say this because every time I have had a pro do my makeup it was horrid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on testing this tutorial. This girl is awesome and I have done several of her looks and plan on testing this "bridal look" when I get the chance. GL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGJTAfyG44
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get your makeup done; you won't regret it later.

Try Clinique
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going to Clinique today...I just decided I'm going to do it myself. It doesn't look bad, but I wear so little makeup to begin with that anything done by anyone else tends to look bad.

On the plus side, I got some awesome eyelid base from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards