Virginia

Doing my own food

I know this is crazy but I am doing my own food.  This is a second wedding for me and my fiance and we are keeping things simple.  That being said I will have everything ready for the reception I just need someone to put the food out and keep it replenished.  Also need help with clean up.  I am in the Richmond, VA area if anyone would have any ideas?  Thanks!!

Re: Doing my own food

• edited December 2011
    I would get as many pre-made trays from grocery stores as you can. Deli trays, fruit trays, veggie trays. Assorted chips and dip. Get a couple of different cakes and some other dessert items.

Could you hire some responsible teenage friends to replenish food and clean up?
  • klsheriffklsheriff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the size of your guest list.  We did this for my sisters wedding.  We cut up cheese, veggies, etc the day before and she hired a staff to keep the table looking replinished.  People had no idea we did it ourselves.  I think you can do it- pending how many guests you are expecting!  Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • milissae77milissae77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am doing my own food also.  I was thinking of hiring some local college students.  You might be able to find some ladies at VCU that would be willing to work a couple of hours for $50.  I know I would have when I was in college.

Also, you might find some volunteers at church.

• edited December 2011
    For everyone doing their own food, where are you holding your reception?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards