Louisiana-New Orleans

OOT Bride Seeking Rehearsal Dinner Help

Hi Guys,

I'm an OOT bride looking for suggestions for a rehearsal dinner.  Let me know if anyone has had any great experiences for a party of 25-30.

Thanks!

Re: OOT Bride Seeking Rehearsal Dinner Help

• edited December 2011
    Dickie Brennan's, Ralph & Kakoos, Zea's, Houston's
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What part of town would you like to have the dinner in?  Downtown/French Quarter?  Uptown?  Closer to the airport?

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • krisbs20krisbs20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Downtown/French Quarter please 
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing Dickie Brennan's Bourbon House.  The food is wonderful. I've never been to a private diner there but I don't think I will be let down. The staff has been very helpful and they seem well organized.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Ralph & Kacoo's.  My father-in-law set everything up.  He lives in South Carolina and said the coordinator was very easy to work with.  Our food was delicious, and the service was really great.  We had many compliments from the guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Muriel's or Crescent City Brewhouse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You might want to look at Palace Cafe as well.  It is right on Canal St. just outside the French Quarter and my fiance has taken me there for some very nice meals.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Palace Cafe. We are having our RD there - it's owned by the Brennan family, so the food is amazing. Also, the minimums for F&B are not crazy high as they are at some other restaurants and the prices are very reasonable. It's also right on Canal St, so super easy for your OOT guests :)
  • edited December 2011
    Also Mr. B's is fantastic.  Also both Antoine's and Arnaud's have great private rooms and are delicious old-line restaurants. 

• edited December 2011
    All of above sound great.  Our daughter is having hers at Tujagues.   They wanted to be in the FQ, wanted a private room, not too expensive and something with an authentic NO feel.  My daughter said the people at Tujagues were wonderful to work with, very helpful and enthusiastic.  Also after dinner, all out of town guests are invited for cocktails and a welcome to NOLA party which Tujagues is also handling. 
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey krisbs, i'm also plannng a nola dw from NYC. Our RD will be the same size. We wanted something totally different from the wedding and it turns out ACME oyster house has a private room upstairs with a balcony, bar and plenty of space. The food is not upscale but it is fantastic and the space is mch nicer than you might expect if you ever been to the regular restaurant space. Prices are very reasonable. We researched this a lot besides acme, of all the places mentioned above Tijagues had the most reasonable prices-- and I agree, a great staff. I've eaten at all of them except Ralph & Kacoos and they all have great food so it may come down to budget and what kind of vibe you're going for.
  • edited December 2011
    What about NOLA? Somewhere it got lost in the shuffle and it is truly a NOLA landmark.  I've been to a few events and was very impressed with the food, service, and management.
  • krisbs20krisbs20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards