Attire & Accessories Forum

Should MOH match BM?

My MOH will be wearing a different color from the BM's (MOH = blue jay, BM's = navy).  Should the BM wear blue jay if the GM's will be wearing navy? Would it look funny if the MOH & BM didn't match or would it be perfectly fine to let the BM & GM all wear navy?

Re: Should MOH match BM?

• I think it will be fine.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it's perfectly acceptable to have MOH in a different color!  You've given her a special place of honor, so it makes plenty of sense to set her apart in some way.  I think color is a great way to do that!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • I think its fine especially since they are all a variance of blue
  • Doesn't matter. Ask your FI what he thinks.

I personally would not have the groomsmen wear a light-colored or bright vest ... so if Blue Jay isn't a somewhat neutral color (like I consider navy to be), I'd keep the Best Man in navy in that case. But I don't like matching the groomsmen to the bridesmaids in the first place - I prefer to see them in neutral colors, and use ties, pocket squares or boutonnieres to bring in the color.

• These folks did different colors - from google.  Go with it, it'll be fine :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • I would ask your MOH what she would prefer.  I asked my MOH and she said she would rather blend in because there are only 2 other BM and 2 JR bridesmaids.  She said if there were like 8 BM, she would like to stand out, but with a smaller group she wanted to blend in.  Everyone will know how important she is anyway :)
  • I dont see why it would be a problem. Especially if she feels comfortable in her dress. I asked my MOH if she wanted to wear a different dress/color than everyone else, she didnt care.
  • No no, my MOH is the one that decided she wanted to stand out by being in a blue jay dress instead of the navy but my question is if the Best Man should also wear a blue jay vest & tie or if it would look ok for him to wear a navy vest & tie to match the GM's.  My MOH has already purchased her dress, so there's no going back on that part.
  • I think it is a personal choice and either way is fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards