Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What type of flower is this?

I am a bit florwer ignorant sad to say. 
I love the following picture, is it of lavender?
click for closer look

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.

Re: What type of flower is this?

• Options
    It's hard to tell, lilacs maybe?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    def not lavender
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_type-of-flower-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4d9bcad3-b963-4c3b-96d4-3e090d6dcaa4Post:389b6454-8e04-4e62-87bf-325a2b93a4e1">Re: What type of flower is this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's called stock.  Yes, snaps come in that color (dark burgandy/purple hue), but stock comes in several colors.  It has a clove-like scent.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

it does look like "stock" flowers.  I've never even heard of them.  Thanks!
    judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • Options
    Before you decide to use them, you should see if a florist in your area has any in stock and buy a bunch.  The fragrance is lovely, but strong.  And if you have any allergies, they may bother you.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    that color is awesome!  i'm glad you posted this because i am using mostly white, ivory, and cream flowers/decor, and i wanted a pop of plum.  these will make a beautiful addition to my florals!  so pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_type-of-flower-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4d9bcad3-b963-4c3b-96d4-3e090d6dcaa4Post:4937fd66-61b9-46d8-8e80-6e7a9a54dd08">Re: What type of flower is this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]that color is awesome!  i'm glad you posted this because i am using mostly white, ivory, and cream flowers/decor, and i wanted a pop of plum.  these will make a beautiful addition to my florals!  so pretty.
    Posted by joannawhite09[/QUOTE]

glad i could help ;)  and what great taste you have, lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_type-of-flower-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4d9bcad3-b963-4c3b-96d4-3e090d6dcaa4Post:4937fd66-61b9-46d8-8e80-6e7a9a54dd08">Re: What type of flower is this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]that color is awesome!  i'm glad you posted this because i am using mostly white, ivory, and cream flowers/decor, and i wanted a pop of plum.  these will make a beautiful addition to my florals!  so pretty.
    Posted by joannawhite09[/QUOTE]

They come in those colors too :)  I love the fluffiness (is that a word?) of them in textured/mixed bouquets. Especially when mixed with lisianthus.  I feel like it is such a lacy, elegant mix.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards