September 2014 Weddings

Questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my boyfriend have been talking about getting married and we have been throwing around ideas (just so I can talk about a wedding lol) hint hint.. and I have questions cuz i would like a wedding in september due to weather and colors since I live in oklahoma and anything could happen. But......
Question 1: Is having an outside wedding or reception in september a good idea since I live in oklahoma?
Question 2: Is it better to have a wedding on a Friday, Saturday, or during the week?
Question 3: How long does a wedding usually take? only been to a couple and they were all different due to locations and how big they were.
Question 4: When breaking down a wedding how long should i give or take getting dressed,taking pictures, the ceremony, and the reception. I would like to spend more time at the reception then the ceremony due to we are not really romantic lol...
Question 5: Is it better to do a wedding from 8:30 am to 4pm? 5:30pm to midnight? or noon to midnight? We will be serving alcohol....

Thank you to anyone that puts in their input.............................

Re: Questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  Hello and Welcome!

Some of theses questions might be better for your local board, especailly talking about location and weather, and other logistics.

The day you have you wedding on would depend on personal prefernce and convience of you and your boyfriend. Again, you should refer to your local board to see how rates differ on a Weekday vs Saturday.

You might also want to talk to whatever venue you end up booking to determine how long it will take from ceremony to reception. They will help steer you in what direction is best for you. However, an evening wedding is better suited for a full bar...as opposed to a brunch with mimosas. 

Hope this helps!
    **~ Counting Down Till Love Wins**~ 9.20.14
  • I agree with mrsofficer, but shouldn't you be engaged before you set a date for the two of you? I wouldn't be planning all of this out already. Talking about a wedding and actually getting engaged for a wedding is a whole lot different. Maybe he isn't ready to be married, and thats why he hasn't asked you yet? I know my FI and I talked about getting married one day. He didn't actually pop the question for another two years.
  • Yes i know its a little weird. We have been together for 4 years now and have a daughter. Im just wanting to get the jist of how much a wedding is gonna cost and lookin around at venues to see what is all out there. We have looked at rings we are just saving to buy a good one and not go cheap. But i really do appreciate ur answer
  • I live in Oklahoma. We. Are doing an outside wedding in Sept
  • Question 1: Is having an outside wedding or reception in september a good idea since I live in oklahoma?   The local library usually has archived news papers that can tell you what the weather has been in past Septembers. 

Question 2: Is it better to have a wedding on a Friday, Saturday, or during the week?   Different days have different price points at venues.  Saturdays are generally the most expensive, followed by Fridays and Sundays then by other days of the week.   Saturdays are generally popular because many people do not work on the week end.

Question 3: How long does a wedding usually take?   the ceremony can take 10 to 90 minutes depending on the type of service desired.  Mine was 45 minutes.

Question 4: When breaking down a wedding how long should i give or take getting dressed, depends how elaborate your dress, hair and makeup are.  If you are going to the hairdresser and makeup artist, allow for travel time and delays for traffic. 

taking pictures, 60 minutes plus any travel time

the ceremony, 10 to 90 minutes

and the reception. it depends on the number of course, whether there is a cocktail hour and the allowances for the venue.  Some venues will set a maximum time. 

Question 5: Is it better to do a wedding from 8:30 am to 4pm? 5:30pm to midnight? or noon to midnight?    Generally this is your choice.   I chose 7 to midnight.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards