Wedding Etiquette Forum

To invite...or not to invite...

I went to look at a venue for the ceremony and reception...and while there I mentioned that my bosses boss is a member at this country club. The events manager later called and said my bosses boss will sponsor us so we get food and facilities at a discounted price...I didn't approach my bosses boss in any way, she did...Should I invite him to the wedding now?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To invite...or not to invite...

• That is a very nice gesture of your Boss's boss to do that. If you have the room, I would thank him for the favor and invite him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would tell him no thank you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviteor-not-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:55f76783-8c8f-4112-8663-e0d8dfc2c51bPost:2c7691d4-b26a-4405-88c7-4e5d7c0c6d85">Re: To invite...or not to invite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would tell him no thank you.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

To sponsoring us? It doesn't cost him anything. It means he told her he knows me, that's all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would invite him. You are probably saving more overall than the cost of those two plates anyway and it's a nice gesture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviteor-not-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:55f76783-8c8f-4112-8663-e0d8dfc2c51bPost:a31a82aa-772c-4d3c-8c00-6735f5f0db24">Re: To invite...or not to invite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to To invite...or not to invite... : I  think your events manager overstepped her bounds by contacting him before she told you. With that said, I would invite him or I think it looks like you are ungrateful that is is willing to sponsor your event.   His willingness to sponsor is probably saving you and your FI a heck of a lot of money. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]
    This.<div>
    </div><div>I couldn't have said it any better myself. The events manager should have asked you before talking to your boss. Definitely overstepping.</div>
    Anniversary
  • I think we're going to invite him. I need to remember that just because we invite him, doesn't mean he'll come. But I agree that it's best since he did sponsor us.

Thanks everyone for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • honeslty, it's one or two extra people?
    regardless of how it makes you look, i think it's just a nice tihng to do and shows your gratitude. definitely make the space and invite them, but like you said, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll come!
    they'll appreciate the thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards