Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Skin Advice: Dry, sensitive skin

I am a month and a few weeks out from my wedding.  I've notice that I have this one patch of skin on  my cheek that is incredibly dry.  You can tell because I'm relatively tan and this patch is a lot lighter in color.  Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?  I've tried using light exfoliation (Biore blackhead face soap) and some Clinique moisturizer (I forgot the name, but it's yellow).  I regularly use a Clinique Acne system because I have incredibly sensitive skin and it's the only thing that seems to work for me and keeps my face from looking awful.

So, does anyone else have any weird dry and sensitive skin on their face?  Do you exfoliate, moisturize, something else, or all of the above? 

Re: Skin Advice: Dry, sensitive skin

• Options
    I have very, very dry skin.  For the dryest parts, exfoliation and moisturization is key.  I have a knock off clarisonic mia that is great for exfoliation.  You might just need to try a slightly "rougher" exfoliant and a slightly heavier moisturizer.  I've found that moisturizers meant to fight acne don't moisturize enough for me.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip!  I might hit up Sephora or something of the like this weekend.
  • Options
    Philosophy's Hope in a Jar for dry sensitive skin! It's the best! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Have you ever been allergy tested, not just with the needle test but patch tested. I have very sensitive skin and found out I was allergic to things they put in a lot of things including food. Had to change a lot. I use Nuetragena daily scrub and Avena foaming cleanser. Then I also use Cortizone cream on those dry scaly patches when I get them. If they get bad then I go to the dermatologist and get a prescription for a medical cream that can only be used for a couple of weeks.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • Options
    Have you ever been allergy tested, not just with the needle test but patch tested. I have very sensitive skin and found out I was allergic to things they put in a lot of things including food. Had to change a lot. I use Nuetragena daily scrub and Avena foaming cleanser. Then I also use Cortizone cream on those dry scaly patches when I get them. If they get bad then I go to the dermatologist and get a prescription for a medical cream that can only be used for a couple of weeks.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards