Indiana-Indianapolis

Florist

Does anybody here have any recommendations for affordable florists on the SW side of Indy or Greenwood? I love real flowers, but am willing to sacrifice them in order to stick to budget. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks in advance Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist

• jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered doing your own?  One of my awesome bridesmaids went to a local grocery that has fantastic flowers and ordered in bulk.  We then put together all the centerpieces and decor the day before the reception.  It looked really really nice and was very inexpensive as far as flowers go.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't realize I could order in bulk from a grocery store, I would love to do my own! Thanks for the tip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KatC--my bridesmaid ordered from Schnucks??  I think it's in Jasper...
    I'm not sure if other groceries would do it or not.  I've found that both Marsh and Kroger have excellent flowers--I think it'd be worth stopping in to ask if they would order some of the stems that you'd like :)
  • kmgreccokmgrecco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Debbie Watson, with Distinctive Designs, she's on the south side of Indy, almost to Greenwood.  My aunt who is a florist in another city came with me, and said that her prices were great and she was very pleased with her work!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kathy's Kloset also and she's great!!  We spoke with quite a few different florists before meeting with her and not only is she willing to work with you on what your vision is for your flowers but also what suggestions she has based on your budget.  She was recommended by both our ceremony and reception venue planners.  I'm so excited to see her final product on June 16, 2012 :)
  • SarahJ410SarahJ410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lilly Lane. Her name is Becky Ruby and she works with your budget, delivers flowers to the church, then relocates some to the reception (which helps your budget to reuse some flowers) and has great reviews on here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards