Military Brides

Getting Stressed....

Hello all! My fiance proposed over the holidays when he was home from leave....he is currently in the Army Band and in VA for AIT. He will most likely be stationed in El Paso, TX after his AIT in around June or July...in order for me to move there with him, we would have to get married this summer...can I possibly plan a wedding that quickly!?!? Any suggestions!?!?! Ahhhhh!

Re: Getting Stressed....

• edited December 2011
    Texas isn't a foreign country.  You can move there without being married.  You can find an apartment, get a job, and continue dating.  Or, plan B, stay where you are and continue do to long distance.  See if your relationship can handle it when he's in the "real world" Army, outside a training environment.  He's still brand new to the Army.  Let him settle in.  Don't rush a marriage to live with him. 

How old are you and how long have you been dating?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • buttrflycvbuttrflycv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we are engaged and have been dating for two years....we are both 28....I have an established career but would like to move to TX to be with him. We are getting married regardless, and I don't feel like we would be rushing it, but if we do plan a wedding this summer, it would be faster than most. He will be in TX for two years, as per contract, and then we plan on moving back to CT.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on how big and fancy you want your wedding to be then.  There's usually a short waiting period after you get a marriage license, so technically, you could be married in a matter of a few days. 

Why will he only be in Texas for two years?  Will his enlistment be up already?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • buttrflycvbuttrflycv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes...he is in the Army Band and signed a contract for three years, and is almost finished with year one which was basically basic training and AIT. He will be done at the end of the summer. Then he will have this two years in TX. He doesn't want to pursue it after that, because he has plans to take over his father's business...I guess I will just have to see what happens...can't plan anything just yet! :(
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, you can plan a wedding that quickly.  It will be more stressful, but it's completely manageable.  Good luck!
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards