Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Weekend plans?

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

I am meeting with an officiant tomorrow morning and having lunch with my MOH for her birthday on Sunday!

Re: Weekend plans?

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to check out al imo place today, tonight going to my brother's military ball.
    Sat. - working in Philly passing out flyers
    Sun. - Apt. shopping since FI got kicked out of the house by stupid FFIL
  • edited December 2011
    Heading up to NJ this weekend for my bachelorette party in AC!!  Woo hoo!!

Also meeting with the peeps at Classic Cake to discuss the groom's cake that I'm bringing to the rehearsal dinner.  He has no idea what this cake is going to look like so I'm super excited to see if they can do what I want (a replica of his Phillies hat). 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Pharm- Have fun!!! Thats a great idea for the grooms cake!
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be putting together all the invitations and mailing them out.  A week ago I was excited about this, but I'm in another "I don't want to do another thing about the wedding" phase now and am dreading it.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting off work at 3 today! So excited, my boss just told me.  Tonight, sushi with my cousins. Tomorrow FI and I are going to head to New Hope and check out some locations for RD.  Sunday I have a work event, craft beer tasting, should be fun. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brunch and Rittenhouse Festival tomorrow, and then shopping for a dress for my best friend's wedding. I swear, I tried on every. single. dress. at KOP two weekens ago, so now I'm going to try on every single dress in Philly.

Sunday FI and I are checking out neighborhoods, as it looks like we're going to be buying a house (as soon as his condo sells)! I'm very excited, and am hoping we can even find some Open Houses!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • mullen24mullen24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well since Im in florida but the wedding is in PA I am going to the beach tommorow. nite Im starting on the photo card box and finishing up the we do cake table letters and then have to apply thousand rhinestones! Sunday is phone conference with minister
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going apartment hunting on Saturday!! Fingers crossed!  I can't wait till we get our own place!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    WR - putting together the photo frame card box (using dad's tools haha), hopefully getting the rest of my BM gifts at the AC Outlets

NWR - Heading down to S. Jersey to my parents place, maybe hit the beach if it does get to 85 tomorrow, watching the Mayweather v. Mosley fight tomorrow night
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    B2B - because FFIL is losing his mind. He kicks him out every other week but this time it's diff. FFIL talked to me about it trying to justify it. It was stupid. I don't want him to talk to me about it because I'm clearly angry at him and I'm obviously going to side with FI. All the other times he's "kicked" FI out, he's never talked to me until yesterday. Plus FI's so fed up with it that he doesn't want to talk or see FFIL anymore. It just sucks because we don't have the money for him to go rent a place. So I'm very angry at FFIL right now for putting us in the position.

LadyJ - I think I'm going to be at the Rittenhouse Festival tomorrow too. I signed up to promote some new company around the Rittenhouse Square area. It'll be a gorgeous day to be outside.
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight - Autism benefit

Tomorrow - Day taking FI to interview with the School District (fingers crossed) Night - work. Which I am dreading so much because of the Mayweather fight. Our restaurant is going to be maxed out with ignorant SOB's

Sunday - Day - cleaning wash and stuff Night - work.
  • jlb734jlb734 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saturday-Penning the dogs in my bedroom while I shampoo the rugs in the living/dining Rooms.

Sunday-Penning the dogs in the living room while I shampoo the rugs in my bedroom

....all in preparation for FMIL's first visit to the States and the town where her son will be moving as soon as his visa is approved!

I don't think I could possibly be more nervous about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    northstar- That is insane! Sorry FI and you have to deal with that.

MH- Let me know how the card box making goes, I would like to maybe make one myself. Either that or a card box made from stacked boxes.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I have a ridiculously packed weekend.

Today- I am FLYING out of the office at 2 becaue I need to stop at my parents house to pick up a cake-transporter-thingy.  Then I need to go food shopping.
    When I get home I need to bake an angel food cake.  For dinner we are headed out with FIL to check out a place for the rehearsal dinner.  Then we are off to Skippack to watch my chiropracter's band play (it's actually a really awesome blues band)

Saturday- meeting an old co-worker for breakfast, then headed out to Coatesville area because JEGs is volunteering at a firehouse car show.  While he is doing that I will be across the street at his parents house assembling the cake I baked the night before.  Then we are off to a BBQ at our friends house.  I plan on drinking a lot.

Sunday- recovering from the night before.  Then headed over to visit my boss's new house, then BACK up to Coatesville for my second bridal shower.

Oh yeah.  And my apartment looks like a bridal bomb hit it, so I need to clean it before his parentals arrive.  I think I will have a cup of coffee affixed to my hand all weekend ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Northstar -- that's crazy, I'm so sorry that FFIL is doing that! But I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow (among the throngs of people). One of my friends is doing a salsa demonstration with her salsa group, I'm so excited!

Amer - good luck! That sounds like a crazy weekend!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:34da2226-381c-4416-aace-10db1b8626a9Post:f01c5a1c-fe7f-4666-8010-0d39393824d0">Re: Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Day taking FI to interview with the School District (fingers crossed)
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]
    Is that the teachers job fair?  My fiance is a teacher in Philadelphia so we were talking about it this week.

I am thinking about the Rittenhouse Festival - is it worth it?
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight - old school knottie GTG to celebrate my new digs :)

Saturday and Sunday - Moving a few things over to said digs, showing digs off to parents, finishing my LAST PAPER EVER for grad school so I can get my Master's in ten days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards