Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

The longer I wait to plan...the less time I have to freak out right?

Well, I have been engaged for.... 6 years! and together for 8. I always knew what I wanted my wedding to look like... and actually started planning it in May, got alot of ideas (dresses,colors,flowers etc) then kinda started stressing about it so I kinda put planning on a back burner. Now with less than 3 months to go... i have NO Venues, Wedding Dress, or anything else but alot of ideas!!

I am getting married March 19th 2011. In NKY, but i have no church or rec hall :(
Colors are black and hot pink and wedding party of 3 bm and 3 gms fg rb and our daughter.

Can you guys give some suggestions pleae? thanks in advance!

Re: The longer I wait to plan...the less time I have to freak out right?

• Options
    edited December 2011
     On the upside you are getting married out of peak season; so a lot of places will still be open. As far as venue, where and what price range are you looking at? I'd try to find a wedding dress they have in store to avoid a HUGE rush fee and you still have to get it altered probably. David's and Bridal and formal, IMO have a good off the rack selection.

good luck and let us know if you need anything
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, yeah thats not a whole lot of time. I'm getting married March 26 and I'm feeling the pressure right now. If we knew your budget we'd have a better idea of how we can help.

I agree with Amanda that you should check out David's and Bridal and Formal for a dress. As for bridesmaid dresses, maybe they can all just wear a little black dress and you could get a pink sash from David's for them. We're using Mens Wearhouse for tuxes for the guys and it seems like they have a good supply so you shouldn't have too many problems getting those in time.

I'm using Flying Buttercream for our cake. She has wonderful prices and may be able to do your cake as well.

Definitely let us know your budget though so we can help you out.
    GL and hang in there!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok I'm freaking out just think about all that you're going to have to do in the next 3 months- the only thing I can tell you is START NOW!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies... my budget is about $4000-$6000 for Rec hall.... Is that reasonable?

The venues is what I am most worried about!  I would like to stay in the NKY area. and  really want a church for the ceremony but I am open to other suggestions!

I pretty much got my florist and cake, (affordable wedding creations)
    and my dj (Cincy wedding Djs) Also, have my photographer.

I have my dress picked out... and my MOH has bought her dress so I just need to go with my BM and all of us get ours... :) we are getting them from Davids I hope they have the one I want in the store!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, considering the Benchmark in Cov... anyone use them ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The benchmark is nice. Im not sure about the price there though. I had a small budget $5k for the whole thing, I would suggest rec halls. The one in Ft. Thomas is really nice, but it only holds around 150 people. Southgate community center is super nice too. if you didnt want a rec hall, but wanted an actual facility I would look into receptions and theres a place in I guess its Dayton kY? not sure. Its on Route 8 b/w dayton and silver grove. its on the river LOVE IT! they have Gazeboos, seperate room for food (that you bring) a nice bar, dance area, etc. Its all really pretty. IDK the name, but I'd check it out if your in the area.
  • Options
    emmmbeeeemmmbeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Amanda is referring to Riverside Marina in Dayton.  I went to a wedding there and it was really nice.  Not sure what the price range is though but I know that the bride and groom were on a budget so I'm sure it's reasonable. 

Here's their website:
    http://www.riverside4marina.com/

They have a photo album with a bunch of pictures.
  • Options
    katieravertykatieraverty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!

If you are extremely stressed out and not sure what to do, I am the owner of a new, local wedding consulting firm called, Unbridled Events, and I would more then willing sit down with you and talk things out. Since I am very new to the indusrty, I will give you 2 hr of free consulting ideas on creative design, budgeting, and timelines.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email unbridledeventsky@gmail.com, and I will gladly help you with anything.

Many wishes,
    Katie-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards