Second Weddings

Second time wife

Any girls out there who tied the knot a second time? I got married on sept 22 nd . My 1st marriage was at the Jp my second I had a ceremony and reception anyways I just feel it isn't the same the second time around. Maybe it's because we lived together for 5 years before we got married? Or the fact I have a kid who is ten and he has grown daughters so we aren't planning on starting a family. I just feel let down and the magic and newlywed has all to soon passed :/ anyone else struggling with this?

Re: Second time wife

• This is my second marriage and H's third.  I do not, at all, feel the magic and newlywed feeling has passed.  In fact, I often tell H that it doesn't seem that we've been married for over a year. 

We enjoy the ebb and flow of a relationship infused with maturity and, honestly, not having the pressure or stress of starting a family is FANTASTIC!  I have an adult son, he has two adult children and four grandchildren.  I would lose my mind if I had another baby.  Being closer to retirement than diapers is a blessed thing!

• It has been very rewarding this time. I don't remember this type of comfort and quiet elation the first time! Could your disappointment be tied to what kind of expectation you had?
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • My DH and I have been married just over 18 months, lived together 20 months before the big day, none of the magic and newly wedded bliss have diminished.  We're far from wanting to start a family.  We have a 19 y/o daughter (his but, she's been mine since she and I met) and I'm good with that.  We are looking forward to what ever life brings and sharing it together. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_second-time-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:ed62c49b-49ea-4c59-9b45-023f7b7fb031Post:7d4a8a4a-9f11-4092-80fb-f01cb75039f9">Re: Second time wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]It has been very rewarding this time. <strong>I don't remember this type of comfort and quiet elation the first time! </strong>Could your disappointment be tied to what kind of expectation you had?
    Posted by mmmendi[/QUOTE]

This! I just got married for a second time. Had a huge wedding the first time and this time, we eloped to a very small island, just the two of us. I had lived with my DH for 6 years prior to getting married, so not much changed in our day to day lives, but the overall feeling of comfort and just being content is just so strong and I really could not be at a better place right now. As said above, is it expectations?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_second-time-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:ed62c49b-49ea-4c59-9b45-023f7b7fb031Post:7d4a8a4a-9f11-4092-80fb-f01cb75039f9">Re: Second time wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>It has been very rewarding this time. I don't remember this type of comfort and quiet elation the first time!</strong> Could your disappointment be tied to what kind of expectation you had?
    Posted by mmmendi[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way!!!! My first marriage the relationship changed immediatey eventhough we lived together for 5 years and had a child together. This time I still feel like I'm dating and it is wonderful.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards