New York

Reply Cards

Kim's invitation post reminded me of a concern I've been having about my own reply cards. I'm getting ready to mail out invitations in the next few weeks, and I'm afraid I may have worded the reply cards in a confusing way:

I intended for "Number of Guests" to be a total for the entire party. For example, my brother +1 would be a total of 2 guests. FI interpreted it as "how many guests are you bringing?", so my brother would indicate just 1 on the guest line. Now I'm worried that I won't have an accurate head count because this may be misinterpreted. What do you all think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reply Cards

• I would interpret that how many people total, but then again I'd never assume I was allowed to bring multiple guests.

I also love the detailing at the top. Where are those from?
  • I agree- it could be confusing, but I think most people would interpret it at total in the party. If you have a lot of single people bringing guests, they would be the ones to watch.
  • I'm glad you're all (sort of) seeing it the way I intended it. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a pain. Thank you for the compliments, I made my invitations and reply cards from scratch! The vine detail is just a border punch on cardstock- it's been quite the project but its worth it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think it's confusing at all.  I'm not sure how else you would word it actually! 
    Anniversary
  • I hate to say this, but you really have to assume that people are as dumb as a box of rocks when you do invites. (This is where my infamous quote in Brigett's siggy came from, lol). While most of your guests will probably *get* it... Don't be surprised if you have a few who are... Welll... Not so bright.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_reply-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:54f8ff3f-9ec7-4582-9cc5-ede035839f70Post:db1d34d1-2de2-4648-853a-168efa0daca9">Re: Reply Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate to say this, but you really have to assume that people are as dumb as a box of rocks when you do invites. (This is where my infamous quote in Brigett's siggy came from, lol). While most of your guests will probably *get* it... Don't be surprised if you have a few who are... Welll... Not so bright.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The root of my worries. We'll see how it goes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards