New Jersey - South

venice plaza and the castle in delran

Have any brides had there weddings at either of these venues? Any info and reviews?

Re: venice plaza and the castle in delran

• shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her wedding at Venice Plaza and absolutely loved it.  The price was reasonable for the amount of stuff you get and it was beautiful.  We looked there, but ended up going with Lucien's Manor down the street (we just loved it!).
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    did you attend the wedding at venice plaza, shannon? do you remember how good the food was?
  • shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not attend.  But the whole family still raves about it - the place itself and the food.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Venice Plaza and I remember the food being the best part.  It was about 5 years ago but I still remember the HUGE amount of desserts and how good they were.  It was a great time.  Have you gone on wedding wire and read reviews?  That might help, those are all brides who have had weddings there.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    so0o helpful! Thanks so much. I'm going to look at wedding wire NOW! :)
  • NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late on this and hardly post here anymore but, I got married at Venice Plaza in November 2009 and cannot say enough great things about them.  We dealt with Mike O. and everything just exceeded out expectations and Mike is so nice, too.  Their food is phenominal, that's kind of what they're known for.  My father, who has experience in the catering business (and worked at another very well known South Jersey reception venue) said Venice has some of the best food and it's always consistently good, he's been to many events there over the years and said the quality has never changed.  I cannot say enough great things about them and their pricing is incredibly reasonable.  Good luck!
  • vemarie325vemarie325 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother just got married at the castle this past summer and the wedding was amazing! The food was awesome and there was plenty to spare. Cocktails could have been a meal on it's own. The staff is great to work with as well. We were able to get in early to help set up as well. I think they are a sister company with 3 other places, which I've heard nothing but great things about. I would have chosen them if my brother didn't get to it first. Hehe. Best of luck!
  • Mia2700Mia2700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_venice-plaza-castle-delran-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:93a847d2-5661-48c7-b105-07c75de86d16Post:a799881e-d559-4190-bfec-1dba0ea15e76">Re: venice plaza and the castle in delran</a>:
    [QUOTE]<em><strong>I'm late on this and hardly post here anymore but, I got married at Venice Plaza in November 2009 and cannot say enough great things about them.  We dealt with Mike O. and everything just exceeded out expectations and Mike is so nice, too.  Their food is phenominal, that's kind of what they're known for.</strong></em>  My father, who has experience in the catering business (and worked at another very well known South Jersey reception venue) said Venice has some of the best food and it's always consistently good, he's been to many events there over the years and said the quality has never changed.  I cannot say enough great things about them and their pricing is incredibly reasonable.  Good luck!
    Posted by NJ789[/QUOTE]

This, almost exactly.  We were married there in October 2010.  The place is gorgeous, the staff is unbelievably friendly, the food was amazing, desserts were
    fabulous.  I really can't say enough.  Not to mention, the cost was wayyy within reason.  We shopped around South Jersey for a few months and this was by far the biggest bang for your buck.

GL
  • edited December 2011
    Glad I could help Brianna!  Good Luck with your decision!
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011

My parents have attended a few receptions at Venice and really wanted us to have our reception there.  They love it and still rave about it.  We chose The Merion however because we are a more modern couple. 

• edited December 2011
    thanks so much everyone. My fiance and I recently booked VENICE PLAZA. We're very excited about all it has to offer. JUNE 30, 2012!!!!! YAY!!! :)
  • Mia2700Mia2700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww congrats!  That's a BIG check off the list. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards