Wedding Etiquette Forum

Yay for Tuesday!

Re: Yay for Tuesday!

• I feed him once, then he works on it throughout the day. In the past, I've tried feeding him twice, but he didn't understand what was going on and wouldn't touch the second bowl. He is not known for his intelligence.
  • And I just watched the video. J is so precious. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yay-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:50cdf84b-841a-4aad-bdbb-4ecae9ac5b5cPost:6f2d7fca-6729-47e1-bd58-c5b94ac1bdfc">Re: Yay for Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! I have officially lost all motivation to do anything at work this week. 
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

You and me both (and I'm sure lots of others).  I'm glad I have H's work Christmas party on Thursday to break things up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yay-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:50cdf84b-841a-4aad-bdbb-4ecae9ac5b5cPost:03ee00c3-e4ab-4f3c-9a64-f6b9462c9a2c">Re: Yay for Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry about the kitten, habs. maybe you could go to a shelter or rescue center and get one the same day. I keep looking on Petfinder just out of curiosity and there are so many orange tabbies I want. I love them all.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I would. It was the plan, but our shelter had a bad case of feline herpes go through it. We don't have the money to keep a kitty on meds for the rest of it's life. Plus H needs a wee kitten in order to become a fan, he's not a huge animal lover like me.

Eta... Damn auto correct
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Gotcha Special. We feed ours twice. Especially the big one. He gets fed so much that it's too much to consume at once. We can't leave it all day because the others will try and eat it and I don't need them turning in to little fatties.
  • Dang it where is Fishy?  She would appreciate this: link.

• I just did a couple productive things, and I feel like I'm over everything and want to knot.

No patients scheduled this morning, really should be more productive.  

Grr.
  • So I am officially out of shape. A beginner Zumba just kicked my butt. Ugh. I feel like I'm getting old.

Stacks - J is too cute!

MrsB - I love the new pic of BB.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Froggie, it's not kiffles, but the link you sent had the ones I was thinking of!  It's rugelach.  Thank you so much!  That link says Jewish rather than Hungarian, but maybe they're both :)  Also, the kiffles look good too, so maybe I'll have 2 types to try.

Special, I hope Cooper feels better soon- he's super cute in his wrapping paper :)

Habs, sorry about not getting your kitty, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find one soon.
  • I love that the original maker of the Red Neck Wine glass is from Newport News, VA. That's about 5 minutes from me.
  • Mica instead of being productive you should recommend a restaurant for me.  I feel like you or your H would know more about good restaurants than me.  I'm a Chili's girl.

• edited December 2011
    I'm heading out to go pick up my mom. I'll probably miss the SS reveal thread, but I want to make sure she knows I got my gift and I really LOVE it. 

I got a butterfly necklace and earring set, and a pack of four notepads. I love butterflies and jewelry, and I've been whining to H that I can't find a good notepad. I may have squealed when I opened the package. Thanks, SS!
  • Good morning, I have no desire to do anything.

Bay I hope he can get that shift covered and I'm really glad he's going to give his notice in a couple of weeks.

Manda that would be awesome if you could bring TB to work!
  • Man, there are so many cute babies, kids, and animals on this thread. Love it.

Morning, ladies.
  • Adamar -- what kind of restaurant/food are you looking for?  I mostly know places in south Tampa, is that okay?
  • South Tampa is fine.  I'm open to anything really, as long as it's not crazy expensive (like Bern's expensive).  It would be nice if they're open on Saturday, but if not we could probably do Friday.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yay-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:50cdf84b-841a-4aad-bdbb-4ecae9ac5b5cPost:44883e22-bbb2-4af3-8946-4eee3cad7fef">Re: Yay for Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning y'all! Tonight is our Christmas Party. We get to leave at 4:15 and it can't come soon enough. FI is still feeling sick, and his family is being a bunch of drama llamas so he's bummed out. I feel so bad for him. Aaand I think my computer has a virus. Great.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Sorry your FI is still not feeling well, hope he gets well soon.
  • Adamar, have you been to Bailey's?  It's open only Wednesday through Saturday, but I think the owner/chef is there pretty much all the days, and the menu changes weekly based on what looks good.  Desserts are all done in-house, and they are awesome.  Portions are huge.  It's not cheap, but it's not Bern's expensive, and I always have an extra meal out of it since I can't finish everything if I want room for dessert (and I always want room for dessert).

• Heh, I've eaten at the pizza place across the street :)  That menu looks delicious.  I'll send the link to my mom.  Thanks!

• Good morning all! I am so glad I came on here today with all of the adorableness involved.

Loved the cat video, J singing beautifully, Froggie's beautiful dress and cute babies!

I'm super tired this morning. I've yawned so many times it's not even funny. I'm 1/3 of the way through Catching Fire!
  • I guess I'm just glad to be back home for a week. We leave next Saturday (New Year's Eve) for Texas so he can drop me off for my stay.

However, we just returned from an unplanned trip to NC, because my grandmother died. I read "Crossing the Bar at her service, just like I did at my grandfather's (his fell out of his Bible).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • morning ladies.

This is another drive-by.        I want to thank for the xmas cards.  You are making my DH very jealous.  Mine are addressed and should be sent out today.

Work is kicking my ass.  Add on the dog coming in a few days and 2 sets of guests back-to-back and my boss leaving for 2 weeks and I have to cover for him I'm VERY overwhelmed.

I'm not looking forward to Christmas right now.  

Anyway, I'm off to work.   Just wanted to say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year in case I do not get a chance before people starting going on vacation.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I am so not ready for Christmas, I would rather wrap a cat! I am subbing all day then going to teach my after school theater class. I didn't pack enough lunch so hopefully I can stop at the store en route to grab food. The downside to subbing is on call aspect, otherwise I love the on the job training, different teaching strategies, and flexibility.
  • Midge, get ready for the end of Catching Fire. It's a doozy. I finished that book fast. 

Mmm my mom is making her homemade dosas for lunch today. I've never yet found an Indian restaurant with ones that can compare so I only eat hers here. So excited. 
  • Adamar, I know I'm a bit late to this particular convo, but if you like Cuban Sandwiches, you should try Carmines (<---- clicky)

nomnomnom.
  • Kalpi, this book (and The HG) always keep me on my toes. They're so well written and I just want to cry at a lot of it. I do sometimes, when I'm not on the bus. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm crazy. :)
  • Nicki - I subbed briefly during my counseling internship and I hated it. It just made me want my own room with my own kids back. It's so difficult going into different rooms with every teacher having such different expectations of behavior. I'm glad you enjoy it though.

Speaking of Cuban food, I love the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor. We have my end of year counselors' luncheon there every year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yay-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:50cdf84b-841a-4aad-bdbb-4ecae9ac5b5cPost:130e5d98-9e7f-4de3-8ddf-36565f293725">Re: Yay for Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kalpi, this book (and The HG) always keep me on my toes. They're so well written and I just want to cry at a lot of it. I do sometimes, when I'm not on the bus. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm crazy. :)
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<em>want</em> to cry? I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.  Darth FI kept thinking something was wrong.  Then he read the books and understood.
  • Midge, if people stare at you for crying on the bus, just hold up the book and most will understand. Unless they've never read it and then just squeak out between sobs that you highly recommend the trilogy :)

I'm still disappointed by Mockingjay but I promised my students I'd give it another read. Maybe now over the break would be as good a time as any. Most of them agreed with me though that it left them feeling a little meh. Catching Fire had me on the edge of my seat. And I've never had better literature/life discussion lessons as we did about the Hunger Games. 

It's also awesome because we do HG and The Giver in the same year so seeing them grapple with the Utopia/Dystopia question and the balance between the two extremes is fascinating. They tend to always say they'd prefer knowledge even with less safety. Like if they had to live in the Giver or the Hunger Games, they'd choose the latter because at least they'd KNOW that their situation was wrong and they'd have the knowledge, ability, and strength to fight against the system. They said in the Giver world, they'd be safe, sure, but they'd be robots who have no idea that they are being controlled and that the trade-off wouldn't be worth it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_yay-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:50cdf84b-841a-4aad-bdbb-4ecae9ac5b5cPost:81522b74-02ce-4e9e-aaeb-54ea0715d12a">Re: Yay for Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yay for Tuesday! : want to cry? I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.  Darth FI kept thinking something was wrong.  Then he read the books and understood.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Most of my reading is done on the bus to and from work and I don't want to sob on the bus. :( They are very emotional books though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards