South Carolina-Charleston

VENDOR REVIEWS!!

Our wedding day was amazing!! I am so happy with most everything that happened that day ESPECIALLY the weather!! It was supposed to rain, hail and tornado  but it ended just a little windy and very sunny! Anywhoo… here are my vendor reviews and I will prompt you by saying I am a very hard grader!

Dress: White on DI =B

Although in the end the dress did turn out fantastic, my dress was ordered in the wrong size and things were forgotten at times. It took a while for a few things that I had asked to be ordered to actually be ordered because they were forgotten about… I think that Jodi would really benefit from an assistant at the White on DI store. But to her credit she is a really amazing designer and my dress was absolutely fabulous.

Ceremony and Reception Venue: Thomas Bennett House-B+

The overall venue and experience was amazing we all got ready here and were there starting at 9 am for a 5:30 wedding…and I also got to do my bridal portraits there…but the coordinator  was unresponsive to emails at times but she is super nice and very organized.

Catering- Café Catering: B

Although the food was delicious they forgot to do my burgers sliders at the end of the night. I was truly disappointed because this was one of the things I was most excited about.  They adjusted the bar for free for us which was about $100 dollars off.

Photography-Amy Prikazky Photography=A++

In one word…amazing. Everything I wanted was captured and more. We also did engagement pics and bridal portraits and they are truly priceless…so so so happy with her. We also had Buddy her assistant and he was awesome also. Very nice, funny and took great pics. We got all of our pics within a few days of taking them on a CD…the wedding came with three CDs  and a waiver for the rights to the pics. The pics were here by the time we got back from our honeymoon a week later!

Flowers-Country and Lace Florist: A++

The flowers turned out GORGEOUS. Pretty much exactly what I pictured for my wedding day and more.  She got really creative with my bouquet and it turned out absolutely STUNNING. Debbie was absolutely amazing.

Band-Super Deluxe-A++++

Seriously Super Deluxe is what made our wedding the most fabulous.  Wilton is AWESOME to work with…very organized and wants to do anything and everything for you to make everything perfect for your wedding day. They will learn two songs for you as part of their deal so we had our first dance song and one other song learned for us by the band and they turned out fabulous. They ROCKED and kept the dance floor completely full all night long. Great to work with in every way and just an absolutely amazing band.

Groomsmen Tuxes-Berlins=B+

They are extremely friendly and very organized and their prices are very competitive.  The only reason they don’t get an A is that we got pleats on the shirts even though I specifically told them I really didn’t want pleats.

Cake-D’Lish-B+

Although the cake was extremely delicious…by the time I got to the reception it was completely lopsided…since it was an outdoor wedding the cake melted and leaned a lot…so I wasn’t all entirely happy with that….but I know that probably is not in their control!

Officiant-Rev. Dr. Terry L. Wilson=ATerry was very easy to communicate with and did exactly what we asked of him to.  

Rehearsal Dinner- Red Drum Gastropub=A++

We had a cocktail hour on the patio area for an hour with some appetizers and then went inside to eat dinner.   You get to choose your own menu and there were several dishes available to put on the menu and it included appetizer, main course and dessert.   Working with Charlie was fantastic he was super organized and really helped us with the planning.  They allowed us to use the space for FREE and just charged us for the food which I thought was a great deal.  Not to mention that the food was absolutely FANTASTIC and were were able to come in and decorate the area ourselves ahead of time.  I HIGHLY recommend this as a rehearsal dinner venue!!!

Make up- Pamela Lesch Airbrush Makeup-A+

Pamela did me, my girls and the moms and everyone looked amazing…especially me! ;) She is a pleasure to work with…very responsive with emails and very organized and her work is just absolutely priceless.  She is also super nice and personable which always makes everything so much easier!  She travels on site to where you are getting ready which was a must for us.

Hair-Fabienne Goydadin with Nouveau Salon-A+

Fabienne has been my long time hair dresser and she did hair for me, my bridesmaids and the moms also…everything looked AMAZING. I absolutely LOVED my hair. It just looked perfect and held up with the strong wind we were having and the hard dancing we were doing ;) Love her…love her work and she gave us a GREAT deal.

Ceremony Music= Clelia Reardon-A+

We went with classical guitar for our garden wedding and it turned out perfect. She has a nice list of both classical and modern songs that she can play which is always nice. She does a really good job transitioning from song to song…its flawless. Definitely recommend her!

Transportation-Charleston Coach(Horse Drawn Carriage)=A+

They were there on time and gave us a nice peaceful downtown ride for 30 min. They took the back streets so we had a nice moment to ourselves with some peace and quiet!! The driver didn’t really talk to us the whole time which was great actually…it was kind of our first peaceful moment to let it all sink in that we are married!

If there are any vendors that you think I may have forgotten about or if you have ANY questions I would love to help/answer!!!

Re: VENDOR REVIEWS!!

• edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great day! Sounds like it turned out perfect, congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Do you mind me asking how much Country & Lace charged for flowers?  I have a $1200 flower budget & having trouble finding someone in that range.
    Also, how many people fit at  Red Drum for your rehearsal dinner?
    thanks!
    Francie
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing our flowers with WildFlowers and our whole bill is at $1500. Beth could definitely work with your budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards