Wedding Reception Forum

"grand "exit ideas?

So, I'm looking for something original, maybe a little different for leaving the reception.

Definately a no go: sparklers, bubbles, birdseed, rice, confetti.

I need something that won't create a huge mess (my family has offered to clean up after the reception so I don't want to create more work than necessary for them)

I saw something about streamer throws, and they seem cool, but i don't want to pay almost $1 a throw... Does anyone have any idea on how to make these?

Thanks again ladies and happy planning!

Re: "grand "exit ideas?

• You could put ribbons on the ends of dow rods and the guests and wave them around when you leave.
  • I second clapping and cheering.  Easy, free, eco-friendly, and not lame.

As for ribbon wands:  The 5 year old girls I teach would think these were awesome.  But I'm VERY hard pressed to imagine a single solitary guy I know who would wave ribbon wands.  For that matter, I wouldn't either. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Choose a well known song for the dj to play and ask the crowd to sing along to send you off

• My FI and I decided on songs to send us off/end the party.  I chose the golden girls theme song followed by some song that is played at the end of every red sox game, in which they win....which FI chose and I am not sure of the name....but totally appropriate given we are from Boston.
  • i'm from nashville, tn so music will already be a HUGE part of the reception. I was hoping to find something that would be nice for pictures though.

• Actually, I can't remember EVER seeing a grand exit from the reception IRL.  At both of my kids' weddings, they were the last to leave.  Even at our wedding almost 32 years ago, we didn't do a "grand exit". 

What I've found is that the B&G usually want to stay and party until the very end of the reception.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards