Virginia
Options

Hotel Transportation for King Family Vineyards

I just booked a wedding at King Family Vineyards! I was wondering if there were any other brides who have had or are having their wedding there that worked with a hotel to provide transportation for guests to and from the wedding. If you didn't, what companies did you use and what was the price range? Thanks!

Re: Hotel Transportation for King Family Vineyards

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at KFV in April 2012.

For hotels, we're doing Hampton Inn & Suites on Main Street, and Red Roof Inn on the Corner.  

We haven't booked transportation yet, but the UVA Transit Service does transportation to KFV (or probably any other CVille wedding venue) for a relatively reasonable cost.  Some are actual UVA campus busses, but they also have mini-busses and other coaches, for different price points.  But you can only book 6 months out, I think.  I don't THINK you have to be associated with the University in order to book this, but I'm not sure (I'm an alumna, and my dad is faculty).

I think I heard someone say that they got the Cville City Busses (the trolley-looking ones) to shuttle wedding guests, but I don't remember the details.  Otherwise, pretty much any limo/transpo company can probably do shuttle busses out there.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UVa's coaches are probably the most economical option. You don't have to be associated with UVa to book. :)
  • Options
    KAB05009KAB05009 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like an interesting option to explore. Anyone have the exact website for this service? I wasn't very successful with a quick google search.
  • Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    millertongmillertong member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! Will definitely look into it.
  • Options
    Savanna111911Savanna111911 member
    edited December 2011
    Id check with the trolleys to see if they do anything. THat could be kind of neato. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards