June 2013 Weddings
Options

Finally this week ends

Really glad it's Friday. I cannot wait to come home after work today and just catch up on my shows and relax. I've had school, or appoints, or dinner every night this week. Anyway, Friday thread time.

So, in one of my classes, we are talknig about adolescent psychology and what is going on in their bodies and brains when they are teenagers. And we started talking about how teens have this "invincible" belief, that nothing can happen to them, and thats why they do dumb things. Some people started sharing some of the stupid things they did as kids, and I thought it'd be fun for us to share too. 

Anything you did as a teen that you look back and think "oh my goodness, what a dumb@$$, wtf was I thinking?"
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Finally this week ends

• Options
    One thing that my BFF and I always bring up is the dumbest thing we ever did together. We took a drive one day to the bay, where the Ferry goes to Fire Island, and were just talking and hanging out, and we noticed the bay was frozen. We decided that it would be a "once in a lifetime, amazing memory" to stand on the frozen bay water. Like, when would we ever get that chance again? (Luckily never.) So we did it. We stood on the ice on the frozen bay, with no one else around. How stupid. We could've so easily fell in. I mean, the bay wasn;t frozen all the way accross, obviously the middle wasn't forzen, so how safe could the ice really be? We were ok, clearly, but still, what a dumb risk. Turns out there was an old man who was in his car who yelled at us when we got off the ice. Too bad he didn't warn us ahead of time.

Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options

On New Year's Eve when my best friend and I were in high school, we went to a party at a friend's and ended up stinkin' drunk. One of our guy friends there was supposed to drive us back to her house later that night, but he ended up drunk too. Her parents were expecting us home by 3 a.m., and we started to freak out because there was no one at the party to take us home. So, in our infinite drunken teenage wisdom, we decided that walking 5 miles back to her house in 8 inches of snow was a better alternative to calling her dad to come pick us up. Fortunately, JUST as we were walking out of the house, my boyfriend at the time called (he was old enough to drive and he was sober) and offered to pick us up.

^^^Idiots, for sure.

• Options
    I have too many to list, LOL.  I was WAY stupid in high school.  Hit my rebellious phase HARD.  I think getting married to my baby daddy was probably the dumbest thing I did.  Good thing I saw the light before I completely ruined my life.  Married and divorced with a kid by the time I turned 18...whew!  What a year that was.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heatherk2489heatherk2489 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I honestly can't think of anything incredibly stupid that I did other than my first real relationship. Though I don't think it had to anything to do with the "I'm invicible". Just plain stupidity. 

ETA: idk wth that sentence said before, I wasn't paying attention. 

On another note. Anyone have any idea about the sig challenge for next month?
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like others said, there are so, so many to pick from ...

I grew up in a small town/backwoods area in the Ozark Mountains. There are lots of hills and you are hard pressed to come up with a straight road anywhere. There was a particular spot on the road to my bff's house that if you went over it fast enough gave you that weird, weightless feelings that's kind of fun. My senior year, I picked up my friend and we worked up the nerve to do it super fast and in reverse. The rush gave us a high that didn't wear off for a week! But I see that dip in the road now, looking at it from an adult perspective, and it terrifies me. I could have easily killed us both and anybody else in other cars who happened to come by. I guess it's true God watches over little children and fools ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Btw, ladies, the crap YOU DID as a kid scares you even more when you become a mother or aunt! Just imagining them taking the stupid risks you did makes you want to lock them up!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Julie, my little sister is 15, and I constantly think about the stupid sh!t I did when I was her age, and it makes me want to lock her up until she's like, 21.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, I was a terrible teenager. I partied my ass off all through high school. I did so many stupid things. The dumbest was probably the night I drank a whole handle of vodka by myself. And yes, you read that right. I killed it straight, no mixers, right out of the bottle. I couldn't walk, I don't remember most the of the night, but I remember being carried around because I couldn't make my legs work. We "walked" to the pizza place I worked at and my boss gave us all free water and kicked us out so we wouldn't scare away customers. I puked, a lot. Tried to convince my friend's mom I had the flu to explain my puking. Fought my other friend when she tried to strip my jeans and hoodie off me because I had puked on myself. Yea, stupid. I think I was hung over for like three days. I'm lucky I didn't freaking die, because knowing what I know now about how BAC and detoxification works, I'd probably say my BAC was somewhere in the .35-.4 range (read: usual dead range). 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards