Montana

Can't find a reception site!

I am having THE hardest time finding a reception site. I live in Billings, MT and for the biggest "city" in Montana, there isn't much offered in this area.
We kind of just want to do our ceremony in our enormus back yard, almost an acre. 
Then go somewhere else to have a dance and get rowdy. 
Any ideas? I think it will be in late Sept or Oct of this year.( long courting, short engagement)
Thanks for any help.
Mrs. Doke ;)Visit The Nest!

Re: Can't find a reception site!

• littlepistonlittlepiston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having THE hardest time finding a reception site. I live in Billings, MT and for the biggest "city" in Montana, there isn't much offered in this area.
    We kind of just want to do our ceremony in our enormus back yard, almost an acre. 
    Then go somewhere else to have a dance and get rowdy. 
    Any ideas? I think it will be in late Sept or Oct of this year.( long courting, short engagement)
    Thanks for any help.
    Mrs. Doke ;)Visit The Nest!
  • Linds32Linds32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not set up a dance floor at your house?  Or go to a hotel?  What is your budget?  There are a lot of places that you can have a big party at.  Where do you live?  How far do you want guests to commute to the party site?  Have you looked into renting a tent and having the reception and party in the backyard?  That is always an option.  Not sure if this helps, but if I know a bit more about what you are looking for I may be able to help better.
  • kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Depot is nice, it offers both, but might be a nice alternative in case you can't get married outside because of weather? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards