Not Engaged Yet
Options

So my BF let his plans slip out...

he mentioned the other day that he looked at his grandmother's rings (she told him a few years or so ago that whenever he's ready to propose, she would love him to give me one of hers), which is a big step, because he said he wasn't going to do that until he was ready because he didn't want to go get his family all excited.

So we were laying in bed the other night and it got brought up again.  He said it would happen "soon." Which prompted me to ask how soon is soon, because soon could be next week or three years.

He said "we have this summer, then school again (he's about to graduate, i still have a little to go, but we've already decided we're waiting until we're both graduated before we get married), then after that i'll do it.

So it is either this coming Christmas, or next summer.  I shut up about it because he's terrible at keeping secrets and I don't want to know THAT much about it.

Anyway. That's my story.
I'm not super excited yet because I'm aware that its a long way away and a lot could happen in between that might speed it up or push it back.

Still kind of cool that he's setting a certain kind of timeline though.
Anniversary

Re: So my BF let his plans slip out...

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just be careful not to get too tied into your 'timeline".

Our "original" timeline was us getting engaged by early summer, and he didn't propose until right before Christmas. I'll admit when the months kept ticking by I began to wonder what happened to our "timeline"

But, that's very exciting news nonetheless : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards