Honeymoon Discussions

November honeymoon?

Help?!?

My grandparents have sooooo graciously given us a week of their timeshare for our honeymoon. Problem is we are so overwhelmed now. They gave us a huge book on all of the places we could potentially go, worldwide, and are having the hardest time deciding... Here's the basics. We are from the central Florida area, go on cruises and to tropical places a lot so trying to stay away from that. We are paying for our wedding ourselves and aren't looking to spend a fortune in plane tickets alone. We are getting married Nov 10 and at first thought a ski vacation would be awesome, but can't guarantee they will be open so early. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreicate it!!!!

Re: November honeymoon?

• We were given the same gift by my neice & her husband.  We went to Hawaii.  The airfare was super expensive though and took a looonnnnng time!
    Good luck deciding!
    Anniversary
  • I need help with this as well, and just got onto the boards to post a similar question!

My fiance's father and step mother have offered us two weeks through their timeshare program, but I"m totally overwhelmed by the options, and it's also, quite frankly, not exactly what I had in mind for our honeymoon.  When I hear timeshare I just think of generic condo rental type places, which is not exactly the romantic once in a lifetime kind of thing that I've been imagining.  We can certainly graciously decline their offer and plan our own honeymoon, but then I do feel guilty for spending $$$ on accomodations when we didn't actually need to.
    SO, that being said, does anyone have any timeshare recommendations?  Theirs is through RCI, if that helps.  Our wedding is in January, so right now the only requirement is that it's somewhere warm.  Flights will likely be paid for w/ our airline miles, so the sky's the limit as far as destinations  But are there timeshare places out there with more of a hotel feel?  I'm really new to this, so excuse my ignorance.  Either way, I think we'll probably only be using a week of their two week offer. If I'm taking two weeks off from work, I can't imagine spending it all in one place. 
  • you need to narrow it down to what's available. i own a timeshare in mexico and we do switch sometimes to other resorts-but not every hotel and resort in that book is available for when you'll want to travel. try using the online system to see what's available for the dates you want and have a clear picture of what you want to do and go-that way you can jump on it.

• November is probably going to be too early for a ski vacation. Even up here in Canada we dont get enough snow for skiing until at least January/February.

My family used my aunts time share when we went to Florida a bunch of years ago. It was actually pretty nice, not like how I pictured it to be. It was part of a huge complex and there were a lot of ammenities (pools, spa, tennis court, etc...).

Take your time and go through the book you were given. If you find yourself getting overwhelmed by all the options take a break or recruit FI and help out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can you go to Europe?  It's the off-season so it's less touristy, but it's still decent weather.  We're getting married on Nov. 10 and are doing 14 days in France and Italy.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Southern California is still nice in November, around the San Diego area. Not tropical, but not cold either.

• I second the PP that mentioned Europe. H and I got married in Ireland this past December and it was great. We got a lot of discounts for travelling in the off-season and the weather really wasn't bad (especially compared to the weather at home).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you can afford the airfare to Europe, Ireland would be in the 60s. Might be a little rainy. Spain is my current favorite and since it's southern the temps should be reasonable. In the US, a great suggestion is CA. San Fran is a romantic city with nearby cities that are great to visit such as Napa, Monterey, and Carmel. San Diego is also very romantic. If you like national parks, there is also Grand Canyon. You could do a trip to Denver and drive around the Rockies. FI and I just returned from Cabo. The airfare might be a little pricey, but it's really nice and you can eat, drink, play pretty cheaply. That might make up for the pricey flight.
  • I suggest Costa Rica!  I was there in November right after the rainy season and it was AMAZING! The Guanacaste area to be excact. Great beaches and so much to explore.  One of the best vacations of my life! fights are not too bad if you are on the east coast.  Delta has a nonstop out of Atlanta and there is one out of Miami. if you are on the West coast then there is a nonstop out of Houston.  Please feel free to message me with any questions
    Kindest regards,
    Vee

• hello! For warm and beautiful I really suggest Turks and Cacos!  By far one of the most Amazing islands Ive been to.  Next would be Antigua.  Grand Cayman is a good one too but 7 mile beach can get over crowded with cruise ship tourists.   Oh and dont forget about Arub it has beautiful beaches and awesome restaurants.

• We have a timeshare through RCI as well. We don't ever go to the one we own because we like to go to different places. RCI has good places and bad. If your honeymoon is far enough out, you should have no problem getting a really good resort. Put in a search ASAP and it will constantly come up with ideas and hold them for you. We usually end up in the Caribbean, hope this helps! 
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_november-honeymoon-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:21b982a4-33f8-42d8-b676-17ef98701725Post:26d4f734-2514-417f-8a14-f39504ee9b4e">Re: November honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]...SO, that being said, does anyone have any timeshare recommendations?  Theirs is through RCI, if that helps.  Our wedding is in January, so right now the only requirement is that it's somewhere warm.  Flights will likely be paid for w/ our airline miles, so the sky's the limit as far as destinations  But are there timeshare places out there with more of a hotel feel? Posted by Katred08[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Sun Palace in Cancun is part of RCI.  If so, it would be a great place for a honeymoon and meet your requirements.  We've been there twice and love it.  It's an adult-only AI and feels like a luxury boutique hotel even though it is part of a larger chain (that you get access to as well).  There've been many raves about it on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards