Michigan-Detroit

Walden Woods

I was looking into having my wedding ceremony and reception at walden woods. I was wondering if anyone has had their wedding thier or have heard of any reviews of the place?? any info would be helpful! As i am out of state for school and cant go visit it myself for sometime. Thanks!
My Bio : Updated November 14 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Walden Woods

• jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Tell us more about you and your wedding!

I have been to a wedding there and it was really nice! The ceremony took place outside and the reception was inside. It was several years ago though, so I don't have many details for you. I've never heard anything bad.
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding is going to be in the fall of 2011. We havnt set a date yet. The colors are going to be chocolate brown, tuscan orange, gold and a red wine. I want to have the ceremony outside and the reception inside. I have seen pictures of the place and i love the windows and the wood paneling on the inside, i dont like places with white ugly walls. From what ive seen ive liked of the place.
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for more ideas, there is a sticky post at the top of the forum where everyone has listed their vendors and venue.
  • edited December 2011
    walls can always be changed with lights BTW. I heard its really nice,but have never been there myself
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin had her wedding there (mind you this was 10-15 years ago) but it was absolutely beautiful!  Especially for a fall wedding!
    Updated 9/21/2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    377 Invited image
    338 Ready to rock image
    40 Party poopers image
    0 still making up their minds image
  • edited December 2011
    One of my co-workers got married there last year and I only saw pics but it looked like a really nice venue. A nice change of pace from the standard open ballroom many people do. I would always google "weddings at "name of my venue" and look at what images came up to get a better idea of my venue too since i'm planning out of the country myself so I understand that its a little different experience :0)
  • edited December 2011
    A coworker's son got married there about 4 yrs ago. She said it was great. Her only issue was with the cabin rentals for OOT guests. I think they double booked several of them, and it was a big deal. Other than that, she was really happy with everything.
  • geduftygedufty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I actually almost booked Waldenwoods. We did not choose Waldenwoods because we found a better package deal elsewhere. Regardless, the venue is gorgeous. We went in the middle of winter to look at it and still fell in love. They are a bit pricey, but will help you with your budget and work with what you can afford. Very friendly staff. I would totally have booked there if we could afford the price at the time we want to get married. The wooden beams inside and vines on the ceiling, and table settings, oh just so nice! The Knot actually had an event there this past year- just google and you'll find a ton of stuff! GL; HTH!
    **My Bio** Wedding Countdown Ticker FINAL COUNT 128 image
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!
  • Cherie0623Cherie0623 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends sister got married there a couple of years ago and it was great.  I think you would like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards