Oregon
Options

DIY Flower Help!

Hi all,

I have been searching for a florist within my budget and have gotten quotes form TONS of florists, but they seem to all be just out of reach.  My thinking is going them myself.  I have worked with flowers a bit before, plus I am very crafty.  My MOH has taken a floral class before and I believe between the two of us we can make it happen.  What I want is simple and I know exactly the kind, color, and count of flowers needed to complete my wedding.  Now my problem is finding somewhere that I can buy just flowers from.  I have searched just about every wholesale flower website and have had no luck in finding one that will sell me just around the quanity I need. 

Does anyone out there know of a place where I can get beautiful flowers to put together myself that doesn't charge too much or requite me to buy by the box?  I would really appreciate any suggestions. 

Thanks a bunch!

Re: DIY Flower Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    p.s...I just re-read my post and apparently, I can't spell.  LOL.  Sorry for that. Laughing
  • Options
    andij1616andij1616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what kind of flowers you're looking for, but we're getting our flowers from Swan Island Dahlias in Canby.  Their prices are very reasonable. 
    Costco also sells a variety of flowers.  For example, you can get 125 roses for $72.99.  They also have daisies, carnations, lilies, hydrangeas, etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There are lots of reputable online wholesalers that will sell to the general public.  Some I've worked with in the past are:

The Flower Exchange- by the box
    Grower's Box- by the box
    American Floral Distributors- by the bunch
    Fifty Flowers- by the bunch

Swan Island Dahlias are a great local resource if your wedding falls between July and early October.  You can buy by the bunch.

Costco is inexpensive, but I have not been impressed with the quality of their flowers.  Others have used them without a problem, though.

You can also contact the floral departments at New Season's or Trader Joe's and they can order flowers for you by the bunch.

If you're going to DIY your flowers, make sure to give yourself plenty of lead time, and order more flowers than you think you will need.  I DIY'd my flowers and loved the result (pictures in my clicky bio below).  Feel free to page me here if you have questions!  Good luck :)

• Options
    racheladineracheladine member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same thing! Check out Premium Wholesale Flowers in Gresham, OR. They actually are the distributer for the entire PDX area. They sell their flowers in bulk to local florists, Costco, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc. Check out their website or give them a call. They do this sort of thing all the time! I would just suggest knowing what flowers you want first though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahahah, that place is litterally down the block from my parents house. I am going to email to get a quote. Thank you for the info, and I hope that it helps the original poster too~!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards