Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

I just got engaged on Christmas Eve!!! It was so perfect and I'm soooo excited! :) Wanna read the story?

Christmas Eve was a warm and festive night. It started with an amazing Christmas worship at church, then coffee at Panera with a cruze around the neighborhood to scope out all of the pretty holiday house lights. Once at home, I was ready to get back on the gift-wrapping horse, but my boyfriend had something else in mind.

"Before we get back to the gifts," he said, "I want to give you your Christmas present early."

Taking my hand, he lead me to the Christmas tree and said "It's hiding in the tree!" I gave him a curious look, shrugged my shoulders, and dove into the tree head first.

"You're really cold... getting warmer... found it!" It was a small box, wrapped with a bow.

"It's so small!" I said with a smile.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, it's just suspicious." My voice was shaking. I ripped off the paper to find a golden box. I started to cry. "What is this!?"

"Open it."

And there it was. Hiding in a folded cotton heart was the ring I had been waiting for. he took it out from the box, got down on one knee, and said, "Will you marry me?"

Next time on How We Got Engaged! - oh, sorry, I've been watching too much TV...

"OF COURSE!!" I said, crying hysterically, with all the hugging, and the jumping, and the laughing, and the "No way!! This isn't happening! This is crazy!! No way!!", and... well, you get the picture. :)

Dang, I should have made this rhyme. Oh well, lol.

Re: Twas the Night Before Christmas...

• Options
    Congrats! and that is a cute story, haha. And it's okay that you didn't rhyme maybe next time. Hahaha! Sorry had to. But enjoy your engagement. Set a date yet? Or an estimated month? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Til we wed!
  • Options
    Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Congrats to you! The engagment is a beautiful time. Take it all in and only worry about setting the date for now. Dont forget to just enjoy this blissful time, and having everyone grab your hand to see the ring..HAHA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    Congrats to you both!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_twas-the-night-before-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:ce598a0c-7b99-4a37-bb3e-116640fc7e8aPost:a5003e2b-5abf-496d-98c0-00bb65dd69a3">Re: Twas the Night Before Christmas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! and that is a cute story, haha. And it's okay that you didn't rhyme maybe next time. Hahaha! Sorry had to. But enjoy your engagement. Set a date yet? Or an estimated month? 
    Posted by jcg23[/QUOTE]

Thanks! LOL, this is my next time!! hahaha. I'm loving my engagement, and I love planning so I jumped right into it all. The wedding will be on Oct 12th!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards