Military Brides
Options

Calindi

I read on the other post that you teach sailing...jealous that you even know how.  It looks like a lot of fun.  I hope I read your post right...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Calindi

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sammy, you guys'll have to come to this base! They have sailing classes!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

That sounds awesome.  We'd have to sail in "Lake" Mendini if we wanted to do that.  I don't know about you but, I don't want to be sailing in water treatment pond lol.

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    PCS here! Here needs green side too! And you can sail in the glorious Pacific. Right from base. I've actually wanted to take sailing lessons forever too.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you are where I think you are.  That's where DH is trying to go when he's up to PCS.

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I just got home actually! Not to toot my own horn, but I raced competitively in high school and college and was pretty good. I teach small boat racers, which is super fun! I can teach an adult how to sail in about 3-4 hours, no problem. Two lessons and they're good to go solo. If we're ever at the same base, I'm happy to teach in exchange for drinks after! I'm so not hard to convince to get in a boat!!! Heck, I have a full time job and decided to teach sailing on Sundays all day... For fun! I'm a masochist, but I do love being on the water! And I live in Miami, gotta take advantage!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Crossing my fingers that I'm stationed at the same base someday.

On a funny note, I was talking to DH about sailing and he said, "I'm not going out in the Pacific shark infested waters.  You go ahead and get your arm eaten."  LOL he has obviously watched Jaws one to many times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards