Students
Options

Hello all!

I'm new here and think a students board is an excellent idea! It's pretty difficult trying to plan a wedding AND finish a degree at the same time!

My name is Melissa. My fiance Matt proposed 7/4/09, during my first year of grad school studying occupational therapy and we're getting married 7/2/11. We decided on a long engagement so that I could finish school (I'll be done in May) and didn't even have a date/venue until we'd been engaged for almost a year! School has kept me pretty busy and I still have SO much to do! With less than 7 months to go I'm starting to really freak out!

How is everybody handling school stress on top of wedding planning stress??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello all!

• Options
    To tell you the truth, I don't always handle it well!
    However, my FI has been a HUGE support system for me and helps me to relax.
    Also, I've been spreading out the planning, working on things here and there so that I have time to get them all done.
    And I've taken advantage of breaks in school-I have a month off starting today and you can bet I'll be doing lots of wedding projects!
  • Options

It's not easy to manage, but it can be done (I'll let you know in a month for sure...but I feel it all has/is coming together well).  I've worked to plan as much as I could in advance.  I took advantage of my winter break a year ago and this past summer break as well.  It's made all the details that come up during the semester a lot easier!  I've also accepted help when folks have offered (my mom, step-mom, grandma's, and friends have been amazing!  There are plenty of little details that can be entrusted to others).
    Even though school gets busy, what worked for my FI and I was to set aside an evening or morning once every couple weeks to communicate specifically about all the wedding details.  It has helped things to go smoothly so far. 
    Just stay calm! Everything'll come together! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards