Ohio-Toledo
Options

Dress Cleaning?

I am not going to preserve my dress.  But, it's been over a month and I haven't gotten it cleaned yet (I am BAD!)  Any suggestions on the best cleaners in the Toleod area to take it to?  I know Pam Thomas had some, but I don't want to bother her again unless I have to.

TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio

Re: Dress Cleaning?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having my preserved either and mine has been sitting dirty in a closet for nine months.  I guess I need a recommendation also!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well... I know you said that you didn't want to preserve your dress, but nobody else is jumping in on this thread.  So if you change your mind...

I DID have mine preserved through Wedclean. (http://www.wedclean.com/) I was beyond thrilled.  I literally had a huge muddy footprint on the train of my dress thanks to someone during my receiving line.  The underside of the train was filthy too since we did all of our pictures and ceremony outdoors.  They cleaned it and I can hold it in direct sunlight and not see a mark at all.  They did include a letter of apology saying that under their high-powered lights that some of the dirt was still visible as well as their contact information if I wanted to follow up.  I really couldn't see anything, so I was fine with it.

I hope you get a rec for having it cleaned!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cschuma2 -- did your dress have any rips in it? Did they fix it?  It's says they restore it to like new condition.  I'm wondering of their definition of that is.

I had a pickup or two rip out when DH stepped on it, and then the panel that hides the back for the corset ripped because we couldn't unhook it properly.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adams Laundry and Cleaners does wedding gowns.  I believe it's around $50-65?  They have a location on Adams and 16th and one on the Hobby Lobby plaza on Monroe.
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_dress-cleaning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:d7925e88-d303-4a8f-ad47-0bb46676c9a3Post:5603bb60-b417-48f6-893a-d8b97bdfe332">Re: Dress Cleaning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]cschuma2 -- did your dress have any rips in it? Did they fix it?  It's says they restore it to like new condition.  I'm wondering of their definition of that is. I had a pickup or two rip out when DH stepped on it, and then the panel that hides the back for the corset ripped because we couldn't unhook it properly.
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

My dress wasn't ripped, so I don't know what they would do. 

However, I couldn't get one part of my bustle to stay, so my sister took a needle and thread and crazily attached my train to the back of my dress in the one spot.  They did remove all of that terrible DIY stitching and made that part look great again.

They do have a toll free number as well as an email address listed on their website if you wanted to try to contact them and see what they would do about it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_dress-cleaning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:d7925e88-d303-4a8f-ad47-0bb46676c9a3Post:0b9fa238-f93d-4360-8937-98b5ce8a3b95">Re: Dress Cleaning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress Cleaning? : My dress wasn't ripped, so I don't know what they would do.  However, I couldn't get one part of my bustle to stay, so my sister took a needle and thread and crazily attached my train to the back of my dress in the one spot.  They did remove all of that terrible DIY stitching and made that part look great again. They do have a toll free number as well as an email address listed on their website if you wanted to try to contact them and see what they would do about it.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

I emailed them and they said they'll fix it for a reasonable fee.  I ordered the kit and it's coming on Friday.  Thanks for the recommendation :)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards